IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Mike's Economic Law
expressed here for the first time:

If the cost of A is out of control, money is going to some group B. Any effective control on the cost of A reduces at least the potential income of B.

There is no effective solution Y that can reduce the cost of A without a reasonable objection from B.

However, I suspect that in this case B is the insurance, um, I believe the current PC term is "industry", although I'm pretty sure "scam" better reflects the value-add, more than doctors. I'm pretty sure that he eventual solution to the health care crisis will cause the insurance companies considerable pain. Marie Antoinette's neck type pain. (Mike's Political Law: there are ALWAYS checks and balances. Systems that plan for them have prettier outcomes. Ms. Antoinette discovered that the French Aristocracy was subject to a system of checks and balances - a formal system might have been more to her liking.)
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New If you guys want to get that under control
they will need to be crushed. It's that simple.
New See my other response to Mike.
New Four things need to change...
1) Soft-tissue damages need to be capped. Since "National Health Care" will do the long term care... that rules out that cost.

2) Device manufacturers need to be hurt horribly. Most "machines" used in each room... like the multi-function (all in one heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, oxygen levels, ekg...etc) devices, many cost less than $500 for the manufacturer to deliver it including delivery costs. Yet many of those devices cost upwards of $30,000. Many service contracts are ~ 1/4 to 1/3 the cost of the device new. Refurbed devices cost even less to round trip and are provided to replaced failed/problematic machines. Considering some really large hospitals have thousands of these devices... the cost is considerable.

3) Pharma... lets just say that recently they have made all "cures" 3-5 times more expensive... because they can. Also upping the costs of regimens by a lot. As well as "standard" long term medications... claiming "increasing costs to produce". Many of these reasons are pure and utter bullshit.

4) Health Insurance "Industry" needs to be turned into a break even kind of thing without the stupid loopholes. Forcing it to be health care not sick care and make it the primary reason to exist is to keep people healthy not reduce costs.

Then and ONLY then will our healthcare system be fixed.
New Your mistake is reasonable
The word that is. Most objections in this case are actually unreasonable, based on the unspoken assumption that because people have made a living doing something in the past they have a right to continue doing so.

Just as technology change can make industries and businesses obsolete, so can legal changes.

Jay
     wow, no death panels needed under obama care - (boxley) - (13)
         Looks pretty bad - (crazy)
         Yeah. They've got us in a corner. - (Another Scott) - (11)
             thanks for the clarity - (boxley) - (10)
                 What's your solution? -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     posted it many times, look it up -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                         Raising the cap won't reduce the inflation. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Whoa - (crazy) - (1)
                     And actually, that's pretty much how it works up here - (jake123)
                 Mike's Economic Law - (mhuber) - (4)
                     If you guys want to get that under control - (jake123) - (1)
                         See my other response to Mike. -NT - (folkert)
                     Four things need to change... - (folkert)
                     Your mistake is reasonable - (jay)

DIRE WOOFS! DIRE WOOFS, YOU ASWIPES!
103 ms