IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So, any speculation about the new wikileak?
Everyone online seems to think it's going to cast the US in a bad light. I think the real issue is that a lot of people are going to learn that their leaders have been poodles, and this will damage the US because their puppets are going to lose their jobs.
New LA Times
http://www.latimes.c...6,0,1731645.story

The London-based newspaper Al Hayat reported Thursday that the documents show that the Turkish government allowed money and weapons to flow across the border into Iraq in support of Al Qaeda forces there.

If it's really 2.8 M documents, there's no telling what's in there...

Cheers,
Scott.
New and that would be surprising to who?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New Rumors swirl
http://www.reuters.c...TRE6AP06Z20101126
According to the London-based daily al-Hayat, the WikiLeaks release includes documents that show Turkey has helped al-Qaeda in Iraq -- and that the United States has supported the PKK, a Kurdish rebel organization that has been waging a separatist war against Turkey since 1984, the Washington Post reported.

The U.S. embassy in Tel Aviv warned the Israeli foreign ministry that some of the cables could concern U.S.-Israel relations, the Israeli daily newspaper Haaretz reported, citing a senior Israeli official.

These are the two rumors that I've seen the most. If it's like the last Pentagon set, the rumors are based on bits leaked in advance to major news sources, so it's probably true at some level. For the first rumor, depending on exactly what level of support we are talking about here, this could be insignificant or very bad. The second, who knows, there are surely some skeletons in there but it would take something really ugly to really fracture US-Israeli relations. Most likely one or two named people will have to duck out of the lime light, possibly with some minor show charges filed for something blatantly illegal, but that will be it.

Apparently though this dump is really big, several times larger then the previous Pentagon one, so there is sure to be more. The US has alerted several other countries that there may be potential problems.

Jay
New Mine's one of them
Personally, I'm kind of looking forward to it; I hope there may be a few things we can hang around the neck of Harper, Clement, Baird, and Flaherty et al. I'm thinking that there might be some insight into such issues as the Afghan detainee scandal, the G20 police clusterfsck, and climate change.
New It's in the press now. NY Times story.
http://www.nytimes.c...p=&pagewanted=all

Cheers,
Scott.
New Go to the Guardian
They have much better information there.

Also of note... and too bad: they don't seem to have anything from Canada in there. I was hoping there might be some dirt on Harper and the boyz.
New Toronto Sun
http://www.torontosu.../28/16350871.html - not much there so far.

Der Spiegel apparently has a lot of information as well (not Canada-specific): http://www.spiegel.de/international/

Cheers,
Scott.
New There won't be
The Sun chain is pretty much the official CPC organ... which is an especially apropos description given the proclivities the Sun likes to play to. They are the paper that actually recommended shelling ships coming from Sri Lanka in case they had refugees aboard.

Edit: Well, it seems the DDoS on wikileaks is over, so after looking at the site I have a handle on why... there are in fact several thousand cables from Ottawa and various consulates, but the release is happening in stages, and it hasn't gotten to us yet.
Expand Edited by jake123 Nov. 29, 2010, 11:32:13 AM EST
New the DDoS is still going on... but its being blocked by...
Edge Routers and further out by Backbone providers.

Much of the traffic is being spoofed... and is now "ruled" out.
New Interesting stuff, but nothing to radical so far
So far it's mostly confirming things I already knew. Israel really does want to attack Iran, the government of Afghanistan is corrupt, the US spies on the UN, the government of China is behind some computer hacking. Nothing unexpected.

Probably the most interesting thing I've seen is getting some idea just how close the US is watching Hamid Karzai. They are bugging his offices and his communications, so in many cases we know exactly when Karzai is lying to us. But the two sides get together and lie to each other because they are trying to manipulate each other and don't want to tip their hands. Karzai had to know the US was looking over his shoulder, but this will give him some idea exactly when, where and how.

The section about Putin and Berlusconi building a close relation is something I didn't know. I find that interesting, and Berlusconi isn't going to be happy about anything slipping out in regards to that. The bit about Putin having trouble controlling the massive unwieldy Russian bureaucracy is also amusing.

Jay
     So, any speculation about the new wikileak? - (jake123) - (10)
         LA Times - (Another Scott) - (1)
             and that would be surprising to who? -NT - (boxley)
         Rumors swirl - (jay) - (1)
             Mine's one of them - (jake123)
         It's in the press now. NY Times story. - (Another Scott) - (5)
             Go to the Guardian - (jake123) - (3)
                 Toronto Sun - (Another Scott) - (2)
                     There won't be - (jake123) - (1)
                         the DDoS is still going on... but its being blocked by... - (folkert)
             Interesting stuff, but nothing to radical so far - (jay)

I can see it now. New posts in IWETHEY Forum Guidelines requiring that bunches of wourds must nouw countain supueurufuluuuouuus u's scattered abuout.
51 ms