IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Enjoy your arsenic laced turkey.
Most commercial turkey feed contains an arsenic compound called Roxarsone. This is desired by turkey farmers because it makes the turkey meat pinker and fresher looking - the same reason Victorian prostitutes swigged arsenic potions.

Commercial turkeys have been found with up to 21 parts per million of arsenic, quite over the FDA 2 parts per million limit. The EPA considers anything over 10 parts per billion in water to be a cancer risk.

Details in the LA Times 24-Nov-10 A21.
New Sweet.
Let me know what answer / remedy you come up with.
New Select a farm that doesn't use Roxarsone.
The larger of the two major growers here in California, Foster Farms, sells only "all natural" chickens and turkeys without additives and does not use Roxarsone.

I haven't been able to determine yet whether the other big seller here, Zachy Farms, uses Roxarsone or not.

Elsewhere, Tyson Foods and Perdue have sworn off Roxarsone.

Most organic growers do not use Roxarsone, though their prices are a bit high.
New I suspect it's to
not buy a turkey... at least, not at a supermarket.
New And the first prosecution will be ... ?
--

Drew
New Never.
New I love that stuff.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New arsenic is a tobbacco addiive as well, shrug
helps preserve the body after death, although in my case immediate redistribution via a flu near you will take place
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
     Enjoy your arsenic laced turkey. - (Andrew Grygus) - (7)
         Sweet. - (folkert) - (2)
             Select a farm that doesn't use Roxarsone. - (Andrew Grygus)
             I suspect it's to - (jake123)
         And the first prosecution will be ... ? -NT - (drook) - (1)
             Never. -NT - (Andrew Grygus)
         I love that stuff. -NT - (beepster) - (1)
             arsenic is a tobbacco addiive as well, shrug - (boxley)

5. Baige.
42 ms