IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Imagine if the Tea Party really does win!
You think its bad now... just wait.
New Entopy increases either way.
It's going to be worse tomorrow. I know. Question is: Do I wish to be culpable for voting for somebody I know is a spineless twofaced fraud who is obviously bought and paid for just because he's not foaming at the mouth crazy? Hmmmm.... alternately would I rather buy a car thats thrown a rod through the block, has a cracked head, and a blown transmission, or should I buy the one that I saw crash and burn but they swear even though it's still moribund it will grow back? Maybe I should just spend the money on beer...
Like I said: depressing.
New Dude... Tea Party...
equals DOOM. Period.

Repealing Constitutional amendments: 17, 16, 14.

Calling into as a second choice if November 2nd doesn't work... falling back on the 2nd amendment...

Idiots.
New Dude... This is the United States of America
Land of the free and home of the brave. It is incumbent upon us to live every day in cringing fear of SOMETHING and eagerly give up basic rights so we can live to be afraid of something else tomorrow. There's always a boogie man in the closet. Sometimes it just looks like a Tea Partier...
A very few people own most of the economy and virtually all of the government. These few will do what they want, when they want and the rest don't really matter.
We are just being stampeded into agreeing to more regressive changes in increments. The ones who want the changes can then say "Well, you voted for <some faux Democrat> and he pushed through <some Republican initiative>. You have no right to complain. This is all your fault." And technically, they're right.
What to do? damnifiknow...
New what he said
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New It's pretty easy, actually
but it will require people to retool their thinking.

It's called demonstrations and civil disobediance. Why do you think that the elites in other countries are not nearly as rapacious as the US elites? Because they're afraid of the people, and the people remind them of that well-founded fear from time to time.

That, btw, means taking to the streets, and doing so in a way that's not organised and funded by billionaires... which takes the tea party off the agenda.
New Play the game that is on the field
Consider Robin Hood and his Merrie Men - no matter how that shook out, they ended up subject to a f*cking King. Do you really think there was more difference between Richard and John than between Russ Feingold and Ron Johnson?

You can either play the game on the field, choosing between unworthy candidates, or vote for somebody you really believe in, who isn't really in play. But who am I to try to stop you scoring a touchdown in this baseball game?

The game on the field is one where it is far more likely that you are picking the less repugnant of a distasteful pair than backing your hero. Considering the track record of heroes as seen from the point of view of a guy who will be played by an extra if they ever make a movie, I think that's a good thing, well worth the angst of voting for some unworthy clod.

Your odds of getting your sorry ass to your crappy job in one piece tomorrow morning are considerably better if you are barely tolerating a politician than if you are being led to glory by a hero.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
     A very good reason to get out and vote next week. - (Another Scott) - (13)
         A bit understated, but Yeah.. - (Ashton)
         This is depressing. - (hnick) - (7)
             Imagine if the Tea Party really does win! - (folkert) - (6)
                 Entopy increases either way. - (hnick) - (5)
                     Dude... Tea Party... - (folkert) - (3)
                         Dude... This is the United States of America - (hnick) - (2)
                             what he said -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                 It's pretty easy, actually - (jake123)
                     Play the game that is on the field - (mhuber)
         what happens if there is a huge turnout - (boxley) - (3)
             I blame ACORN. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                 could thing you didnt place that bet :-) - (boxley)
                 early voting isnt absentee here - (boxley)

We are gonna party all... night... LONG!
67 ms