IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Medicine is nationwide
Between the FDA creating a national monopoly and all the insurance companies operating on a national basis, any illusion that the States have a role is just a courtesy on the part of a few Feds.

The current system is a national disaster. It requires a national response. And that's what the Courts will eventually find, but the teabaggers will spend a lot of other people's money to get there.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
New then why can't I buy a policy issued in idaho?
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New You work in medicine?
You have a state based license for a medical profession that requires 2+ year college with courses like microbiology or trying to cram in 200 different drugs into your head (side effects, dosage, contraindications)?

You have any idea the level of control the state based laws exert over these people, in a moment by moment basis?

The state laws vary, in many ways, in how certain portions of the field operate. A person who spends a few years in 1 state can take another couple of years to achieve a "legal" level of competency. Just by moving 30 miles into another state.

You may fantasize about the level of control the feds have, and you are partially right. But it seems you have minimal experience in nursing, which in turn ends up caring for a vast majority of the old folks as they croak, which means a vast army of state inspectors coming through each year. Checking the paper work and observing for weeks. And the observers are all powerful.

Inspector: Hey you: Did you have your hand upside-down while you were holding that tablet?
Nurse: Yes sir, that is how I was trained to do it, and have been doing it for the last 20 years. It's the sanitary way, it's the (whatever, you get the point).
Inspector: It's against the rules in this state. DING!

1 DING can get a nurse fired depending on the situation. Not often, but if the management is having issues, this is the time to fire people you don't like. And when you fire nurses during a state inspection, it shows you are working on the problem, right?

0 DINGS during an inpection is suspect. It shouldn't happen. It means the inspectors are on the take. The feds get annoyed if a nursing home does too good for too many inpections.

3 DINGS and it can cost the nursing home a failed inspection. A failure means 6 months of all hell breaking lose, inspectors everywhere. A few more in the process, they close the home.

The level of detail that each state imposes is incredible. And they are different in many stupid subtle ways.

New Not exactly, but still State licensed
Massage therapy. Yeah, I have to deal with the State.

I'm not denying that the States have their role, particulalry at the provider level.

But the financial scam (really too polite a word for the insurance system) is national. The players (Insurance, drug, hospital cartel, and to a lesser degree medical device companies. It ain't nurses bankrupting us.) operate on a national scale.

The financial disaster is national in scope, and disrupts our position in international commerce. It is legitimately an interstate commerce issue.

I am not at all a fan of the way the interstate commerce clause is abused to expand Federal authority. This time it looks legitimate to me.
---------------------------------------
I think it's perfectly clear we're in the wrong band.
(Tori Amos)
     states have standing to sue over obamacare - (boxley) - (13)
         Just means they'll lose later. Your tax dollars at work. -NT - (Another Scott) - (11)
             thats what board of education told brown -NT - (boxley) - (10)
                 Hardly the same thing. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                     get obama on the stand under oath - (boxley) - (8)
                         get off the birther shit. - (folkert)
                         We'll see. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                             F'ing commerce clause. - (crazy) - (5)
                                 I don't have a problem with it. - (Another Scott)
                                 Medicine is nationwide - (mhuber) - (3)
                                     then why can't I buy a policy issued in idaho? -NT - (beepster)
                                     You work in medicine? - (crazy) - (1)
                                         Not exactly, but still State licensed - (mhuber)
         Standing != a case - (mhuber)

This random post brought to you by the letters A, Q, and Peter.
148 ms