IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If patriotism '..IS the last refuge of the scoundrel'?
(And when ever did Mencken get-it-wrong?)

We need an imaginative similar koan for,

Obstructionism is the last refuge of the ?_____?

(Simultaneously: as to the ongoing msm- et al's complete amnesia/disinterest in the Difference between some flavor of 'Conservatism™' -VS-
all that is implicit in that Other politico-category, Reactionism)
-- I don't expect nuance ever to enter the yes/no digital-think habit / that now rampant anathema of this Age of Decline.
And of hamster cages full of people mesmerized by a screen full of numbers for 8 hrs./day
-- (or is it now more like 10-12? what with work-brought-home + cel-fone umbilical.)

Carrion with the slogans; they all just merge into white noise anyway. After a few decades of the sillier ones.

New That's not Mencken, it's Samual Johnson.
I more agree with Ambrose Bierce though
Patriotism, n. Combustible rubbish ready to the torch of any one ambitious to illuminate his name.
In Dr. Johnson's famous dictionary patriotism is defined as the last resort of a scoundrel. With all due respect to an enlightened but inferior lexicographer I beg to submit that it is the first.
New Yes, of course - brain-sort 404. Bierce is er, orthogonal?
as he focuses on the nature of the flammable material ... awaiting ignition by the next cretin besotted with personal-Certainty.
Added to inspirational List.

Have to scan some more Bierce soon; it's been awhile since I perused the Curmudgeon's Home Companion..
thanks for tip.
New what does Bierce have to do with bird watching?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 55 years. meep
New RTFP, er, thread

I could almost see voting for Palin in 2012 on the grounds that this sorry ratfucking excuse for a republic, this savage, smirking, predatory empire deserves her. Bring on the Rapture, motherfuckers!
-- via RC
     Final post on tax cuts, supply-side theory/magical thinking - (drook) - (26)
         WHAT???? - (beepster) - (25)
             Re: Taxes - (drook)
             RCP? - (Another Scott) - (13)
                 Those aren't his cuts - (beepster) - (12)
                     You're arguing with "the press" now? - (Another Scott) - (11)
                         Probably your grammar. - (beepster) - (10)
                             See above. Sorry if I'm not always clear. -NT - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                 last I checked.. - (beepster) - (8)
                                     Check again. - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                         oops, sorry. - (beepster) - (6)
                                             If patriotism '..IS the last refuge of the scoundrel'? - (Ashton) - (4)
                                                 That's not Mencken, it's Samual Johnson. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                     Yes, of course - brain-sort 404. Bierce is er, orthogonal? - (Ashton) - (2)
                                                         what does Bierce have to do with bird watching? -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                                             RTFP, er, thread -NT - (Ashton)
                                             C'mon Beep - (crazy)
             But was that actually a 9/11 effect? - (CRConrad) - (9)
                 Can bin-L claim credit for predicting That overreaction, too - (Ashton) - (8)
                     Re: Can bin-L claim credit for predicting That overreaction, - (boxley)
                     As much as St. Ronnie can claim victory over the USSR. -NT - (mhuber) - (6)
                         Pithy.. yeah, like That. -NT - (Ashton)
                         Oh c'mon - (crazy) - (4)
                             Huge effect is one way of phrasing it, I suppose. - (hnick) - (2)
                                 And now you've spent them thar pennies... - (folkert) - (1)
                                     Isn't that what couch cushions are for? Spare change? -NT - (hnick)
                             Yeah, happened on his watch - (mhuber)

Hello, boys and girls, this is your old pal Stinky Wizzleteats!
59 ms