IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New This is pretty much what I was saying back in late '08
It was the obvious thing to do... and should be extended even further than that. Even if it took two years for things to really get rolling, it would've both helped the main street economy and would pay off dividends (albeit fairly intangible ones) for close to a century. From what I hear, the infrastructure in the US is in terrible shape; it's one of the first things he should've done, concurrent with the health care stuff imho, if not before...

That said, I'm not so sure that the Republican party as currently constituted wouldn't have tried to obstruct it.
New Republicans could not have stopped it
as they would not have been able to unify against things that they had been promoting...sure there would have been token resistance but these types of programs would have been easy sells AND kept his popularity up.

It would have also, imo, created a better environment for him to go after healthcare...but that's monday morning quarterbacking...and doesn't make these initiatives any less important right now.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
     At some point one would have to admit - (beepster) - (54)
         At some point... - (folkert)
         More kibitzing from the peanut gallery. - (Another Scott) - (52)
             You've been given the plan. - (beepster) - (51)
                 Good. Let's go through it. - (Another Scott) - (50)
                     I've been through it - (beepster) - (49)
                         Re: I've been through it - (beepster) - (48)
                             Intel cries for more money. Film at 11:00. - (Another Scott) - (47)
                                 more - (beepster) - (46)
                                     I'll play for a little while. - (Another Scott) - (45)
                                         Re: I'll play for a little while. - (beepster) - (6)
                                             <sigh> -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                 Hmmm.. - (beepster) - (4)
                                                     This is pretty much what I was saying back in late '08 - (jake123) - (1)
                                                         Republicans could not have stopped it - (beepster)
                                                     Not so. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         You gave that example - (beepster)
                                         sez who? - (boxley) - (37)
                                             <sigh><sigh> -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             Dean Baker makes a similar argument. jm shows he's wrong. - (Another Scott) - (34)
                                                 yuan!=euro, arguing the wrong point -NT - (boxley) - (33)
                                                     See #35583 - (Another Scott) - (32)
                                                         Actually - (beepster) - (31)
                                                             You see the noise in the Yen chart, right? - (Another Scott) - (30)
                                                                 one more time, pegging isnt SELLING! sheesh - (boxley) - (29)
                                                                     There is no peg for the dollar or euro. - (Another Scott) - (28)
                                                                         Been wondering that - (drook) - (1)
                                                                             Buying and selling on the open market. - (Another Scott)
                                                                         by fiat the same way everything is done - (boxley) - (25)
                                                                             Move to strike as unresponsive. - (Another Scott) - (24)
                                                                                 having a duh moment? - (boxley) - (23)
                                                                                     See above. I can't be clearer. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                                                     Any more detail than what's there and you'd have to have... - (folkert) - (21)
                                                                                         lets ask krugman - (boxley) - (20)
                                                                                             I wasn't pretending, that was an honest question - (drook) - (1)
                                                                                                 As as is fond of pointing out...where else would they go? -NT - (beepster)
                                                                                             You're changing your argument. - (Another Scott) - (17)
                                                                                                 right now the dollar is falling hard - (boxley) - (16)
                                                                                                     The Euro may not survive; and B-W-II is a non-starter. - (Another Scott) - (15)
                                                                                                         you have stated that we couldnt peg the dollar - (boxley) - (14)
                                                                                                             No you haven't. - (Another Scott)
                                                                                                             Assuming we can, are you saying we should? - (drook) - (12)
                                                                                                                 for you and nother - (boxley) - (11)
                                                                                                                     One part I can agree on - (drook) - (2)
                                                                                                                         /me sneaks in here to say... - (beepster) - (1)
                                                                                                                             Just a formality ... - (drook)
                                                                                                                     Oh, I think they're paying attention - (jake123)
                                                                                                                     RCP? - (Another Scott) - (6)
                                                                                                                         point out the post where I said the USD couldnt travel? - (boxley) - (5)
                                                                                                                             How would this work? - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                                                                                                                 its a dollar transaction end to end - (boxley) - (3)
                                                                                                                                     Last post on this topic (I hope). - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                                                                                         heh - (jake123) - (1)
                                                                                                                                             It's nice that some are reading this thread closely ;-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                                             Mencken sez - (Silverlock)

When things get freaky... and get NASTY... blame it on the BOOGIE!
78 ms