IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New My only comment about that is
that you guys need to pay more taxes. If you want things like a highway system, an educational system, a health system, and a world dominant military... you need to be willing to pay for them. The problem you've got going on is that Reagan sold magical thinking about that to the masses thirty years ago, and since then people have been voting for having cake and eating it. Only interlude that was close to not being like that was the Clinton era... and a lot of that was paper-shuffling to hide the true costs of things.
New If it was singular, I would agree
but we have gas excise taxes, sales taxes, prop taxes, school taxes in addition to income taxes.. when you add up what we actually do pay its a much larger number than the 30% margin on fed income taxes.
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New It's still a hell of a lot less than the rest of the west
pays, and far more regressively too.

You could maybe get away with it if you didn't shuffle off tons'o'money to FIRE and the military contractors, but you don't.

Back when Bush came in I called their plan "looter economics". I haven't seen anything that's changed the accuracy of that description. My personal opinion is that the Masters of the Universe have been picking all our pockets for a long time via GWB policy, enabled by Clinton's signing of the repeal of Glass-Steagall etc.

I sometimes wonder if the financial crisis wasn't engineered to tie Obama's hands when he entered office; after all, he came in promising to reign them in; it could be that the crisis was sparked specifically so that he wouldn't be able to.
     10 RepubliCANT Lies About The Bush Tax Cuts - (lincoln) - (48)
         you really like that source -NT - (beepster) - (1)
             Yeah I do - (lincoln)
         sure I will play - (boxley) - (45)
             My only comment about that is - (jake123) - (2)
                 If it was singular, I would agree - (beepster) - (1)
                     It's still a hell of a lot less than the rest of the west - (jake123)
             Re: sure I will play - (lincoln) - (41)
                 useless links cant argue against facts - (boxley) - (40)
                     So let me get this straight - (crazy) - (28)
                         Re: So let me get this straight - (boxley) - (27)
                             Who's this "we" you're talking about? -NT - (Another Scott) - (22)
                                 me and mine, taxes and fees have already gone up under obama - (boxley) - (21)
                                     You've said that several times... - (Another Scott) - (20)
                                         federal excise tax, new rules on taxtables - (boxley) - (19)
                                             but HE didn't do it. - (beepster)
                                             You're still not giving me useful information. - (Another Scott) - (17)
                                                 Just stop it - (beepster) - (15)
                                                     Um, I wasn't talking to you. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                                         Oh darn - (beepster)
                                                     ... - (Another Scott)
                                                     ... - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                                         from your link - (beepster) - (10)
                                                             Categorical statements are trivially wrong. Film at 11:00. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                                                                 Ok, so unless just the singular - (beepster) - (8)
                                                                     You're amazing... -NT - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                                                         Me? - (beepster) - (6)
                                                                             I'm not your strawman. Open your eyes. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                                                                 Really? - (beepster) - (4)
                                                                                     Yes, really. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                                                                         Do you pay attention to your quotes? - (beepster)
                                                                                         It's those bees ... in his head. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
                                                                                             Well Mr President...It's the bees and spiders again -NT - (beepster)
                                                 javapuke I quit fapfapfap - (boxley)
                             Re: So let me get this straight - (lincoln) - (3)
                                 They had a hand in it - (beepster) - (2)
                                     That's the best you got? - (lincoln) - (1)
                                         Did I say that? - (beepster)
                     Read it again S-L-O-W-L-Y - (lincoln) - (10)
                         you betcha - (boxley) - (9)
                             No, Bush controlled EVERYTHING - (beepster) - (8)
                                 How are the RepubliCANTS compromising today - (lincoln) - (7)
                                     Is Kagan being sworn in today? -NT - (beepster) - (6)
                                         nope republiCANTS didnt vote for her -NT - (boxley) - (2)
                                             5 did - (beepster) - (1)
                                                 dont tell lincoln, he wont beleive it - (boxley)
                                         And that has what to do with Bush tax cuts? - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                             Why don't you back read the thread - (beepster) - (1)
                                                 Heh. -NT - (Another Scott)

Zarro Boogs found.
65 ms