IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New To be honest...
I don't remember:-) Getting good bars did take a couple of years. To guess the answer, I get maybe 10-15 degrees under pressure.

I do know guys that "just went pinky", though. The advice he was given is correct. Do what works for you (unless, of course, you think you are going to enter battle of the bands opposite Steve Vai or some such nonsense)
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New Mine doesn't bend back at all
It's okay if you cover more strings with the barre than you really need it to... after all, the right hand has to hit the string for it to make noise. My guess is he's really complaining about inadequate right hand control of the strings....
New Seemed like
he was expecting to be able to bar A and still get low E to ring...that will be a problem if there is no bend.

Its not an issue much at all playing rock or blues with any distortion on electric...but on acoustic it can be an issue for certain songs. A lower action guitar is EXTREMELY helpful here...my TAK, Ovation and others have "fast" action that makes this task simpler (along with most electrics).
Sure, understanding today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. But...there they are.
New I actually posted about different approaches to that
as polyorchnid octopunch. If I need the high e string's note, I'll generally get it on the B three frets up from the third.
     One for Beep. - (Another Scott) - (5)
         To be honest... - (beepster) - (3)
             Mine doesn't bend back at all - (jake123) - (2)
                 Seemed like - (beepster) - (1)
                     I actually posted about different approaches to that - (jake123)
         From a massage therapy perspective... - (mhuber)

Mmmm... Flavored Beer.
43 ms