IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Last time I called GE about the smell of burning plastic...
from the new stove oven, I was talking to an Indian. "Not to worry, sir." "That is normal the first few times you use it." I know the accent well and it wasn't the worst Hinglish I've heard (including here in US, in person).

Bank of America, headquartered here in Charlotte, announced 5% of IT development will be done in India. I know one BofA contractor who is losing his job after he's done training some Indians on the applications he's been working on.

The internet and the communications revolution has made IT jobs very portable. More so than people.

And you thought H1-Bs were bad.

There is more job security in flipping burgers (except when an illegal alien with bogus ID is available).
Alex

"Never express yourself more clearly than you think." -- Neils Bohr (1885-1962)
New Deja vu..
A friend was redoing small kitchen; installed a GE (I think.) with schmancy digital clock in fascia. Clock face seems way-too Hot to this experienced electronic type. She called them.

They said - there's a small fan which keeps the electronics cool. Trouble is, we hear no fan (ovens don't make a lot of masking noise). Nor is one shown on the crude wiring diagram. To prove it, we'd have to likely pull the sucker out = disconnect gas yada yada.

Oh.. remember your washer which ran >25 years? Well this POS is warranteed for ONE year - and it just expired. Guess where the extra profits for cheap labor AND shoddy product, go. Guess who pays for early retirement of PLASTIC fascia used in an OVEN and too hot to touch. At the store, you can't tell this via a cold demo model; so much for caveat emptor - Hey! appliances are now just like Windoze: preloaded with plastic, and shorter and shorter lifetime.

(I just retired my Record-A-Call ans. machine after a 24/7 18 year run; fixed a switch on it ~ 5 years ago.) Replacement POS... never mind. The trend was disgusting some time ago.. nobody blinks.

Ashton
     Buy a Dell, send American jobs to India - (lincoln) - (21)
         Look at it this way - (pwhysall)
         Such is the way with cheap commodities - (marlowe)
         Oh god. Never plan on buying a Dell with support - (wharris2) - (14)
             They make more effort than you, it seems. - (Meerkat) - (11)
                 Just play pretend for a second. - (wharris2) - (9)
                     Every day at work I manage to converse - (Meerkat) - (8)
                         Ya know what? - (imric) - (6)
                             This is *not* new. - (Silverlock)
                             Re: Ya know what? - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                 And elsewhere . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 And it's even harder to understand many from England -NT - (tonytib) - (1)
                                     But the Lancastrians are worth the effort. -NT - (marlowe)
                                 I agree. - (imric)
                         I'm not saying there aren't. - (wharris2)
                 I've spent many minutes trying to adjust. - (marlowe)
             Oh puleeze. - (pwhysall) - (1)
                 Well, my Marathi is improving but, - (Ashton)
         Last time I called GE about the smell of burning plastic... - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             Deja vu.. - (Ashton)
         Article from ZDNet Achordesk, 3/21/2002 - (lincoln)
         Thank you Supply Side Economics! - (orion)

Your boredness knob must go to 11...
87 ms