IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Isn't that the stuff that tastes like soap?
New Well, as a tiny tot I distressed my mother . . .
. . by eating bars of soap, so cilantro is a natural for me.
New Ask my wife, she's the hater
I like it. She, not so much. Which means I get to make my pico de gallo as hot as I want, since she won't be eating it anyway. Which reminds me, I haven't harvested any cilantro in four days ... I need to get out there before it bolts.
--

Drew
New Not to me.
Personally, I think it tastes awesome... really the shit for stuff like salsa and soups and salad and it works really well with homefries too, though I find it's better if you add it after cooking, unlike another really good homefry herb I like a lot: tarragon.
New Yes . . .
. . cilantro, in just about every cuisine, is normally eaten raw or added after a dish is taken off the heat.

As for tarragon, unfortunately what you can buy in stores is Russian tarragon, a mere shadow of the French tarragon.

Unfortunately French tarragon is very cranky and hard to grow. It has to be relocated frequently because it poisons its own soil and it doesn't produce seeds so it can be propagated only by division (usually when it's being relocated). I haven't grown it successfully in recent times but I'll probably give it another try soon.
     One for Andrew: Surströmming - (Another Scott) - (14)
         What a couple of wimps . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
         This has been discussed on the Internet before... - (CRConrad) - (12)
             CRC! Welcome back! Great story. Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)
             Great Essay! I'll be sure to link it . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             OK, I couldn't resist puting this up . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Permission granted. A couple of notes, though: - (CRConrad) - (7)
                     Thanks. - (Andrew Grygus) - (6)
                         Personally, I think cilantro is excellent - (jake123) - (5)
                             Isn't that the stuff that tastes like soap? -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                 Well, as a tiny tot I distressed my mother . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                 Ask my wife, she's the hater - (drook)
                                 Not to me. - (jake123) - (1)
                                     Yes . . . - (Andrew Grygus)

This is a self-referential LRPDism.
141 ms