IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New A single launch isn't going to start WWIII
Long range tracking systems are good enough now that Russia, China or other 1st world nation would have a good idea what the target is shortly after launch, and nobody is going to start WWIII over a single launch.

I'm far more worried about the cost of such a system. A global ballistic or cruise missile would probably cost millions, if not tens of millions, per unit. We could easily end up with a system that we can't afford to actually use.

Jay
New If you're far more worried about the costs of running such a
system than the downside from the worst case scenario, which is wholly dependent on people never making a mistake, then your skillz at cost/benefit analysis are seriously deficient.

One costs a lot of money, the other destroys civilization, and maybe drives humans to extinction. There's a big big difference between those two things.
New Not exactly
I fully realize that there is a chance of WWIII starting due to error. Rather, I think the chance of a single missile launch starting WWIII is smaller then the default chance of it starting due to some random mistake.

Jay
     NY Times on "Prompt Global Strike" - (Another Scott) - (4)
         One very good reason why it's not a good idea. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             A single launch isn't going to start WWIII - (jay) - (2)
                 If you're far more worried about the costs of running such a - (jake123) - (1)
                     Not exactly - (jay)

We have some experienced flamelords who can take care of them.
44 ms