IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Lazy-Ass Americans like being unemployed"
so says Tom Delay:

If you can say one thing about the GOP, it's that they stick to the script when it comes to talking points. The latest GOP talking point – that Americans are lazy and like being unemployed – could very well be a winner for the Republicans come election time.

Ex-Speaker of the House Tom Delay was the latest conservative to make the claim, as he told CNN's Candy Crowley that unemployment insurance was the root of all evil:

Crowley: People are unemployed because they want to be?

Delay: well, it is the truth. and people in the real world know it. And they have friends and they know it. Sure, we ought to be helping people that are unemployed find a job, but we also have budget considerations that are incredibly important, especially now that Obama is spending monies that we don't have.

Earlier in the week, Republican Senator Jon Kyl jumped on that talking point, as well.

"[Unemployment] doesn't create new jobs. In fact, if anything, continuing to pay people unemployment compensation is a disincentive for them to seek new work."

If there's one thing that will guarantee a landslide November victory for the GOP, it's Republicans telling the millions of jobless Americans that they're lazy and just want to sit on their ass all day collecting a couple hundred bucks a week in unemployment. For the GOP, it's a winning talking point.

source: http://www.williamkw...a-winner-for-gop/

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New last time I was on unemployment it covered 1/2 the rent
never mind all the other fucking bills I needed to pay and buy food as well. Good thing I sold the house for a 33k profit because I needed it to live on. Motherfucking delay
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New Same happened to a relative of mine
She just got a job after being off for a year. Even with unemployment and not paying her mortgage her credit card balances are now well into the tens of thousands.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New :-(
New It's a good way to get control of people.
     "Lazy-Ass Americans like being unemployed" - (lincoln) - (4)
         last time I was on unemployment it covered 1/2 the rent - (boxley) - (3)
             Same happened to a relative of mine - (malraux) - (2)
                 :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
                 It's a good way to get control of people. -NT - (jake123)