IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Economics is not sufficiently reality based . . .
. . to be compared to witchcraft.
New Personally, I think that it depends on the economist's
general approach. Those that take a historical approach have a lot more weight with me: "this situation is relevantly similar to these situations in the past; people in these situations tried these solutions: here's how they worked out." Those that depend entirely on models always struck me as being relevantly similar to bands that built songs by formula; it might have the appearance of a good song, but usually wasn't... and when it was, it was usually a case of hitting the odds from time to time.

It's why I still look at Marx and Keynes with respect.
New too bad it only applies to economists not climatologists :-)
If we torture the data long enough, it will confess. (Ronald Coase, Nobel Prize for Economic Sciences, 1991)
New That's why I pay attention when they say that
CO2 and global temperature are strongly correlated in the paleological record :)
     Economic theory is based on faulty mathematics. - (Another Scott) - (27)
         Economics is not sufficiently reality based . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
             Personally, I think that it depends on the economist's - (jake123) - (2)
                 too bad it only applies to economists not climatologists :-) -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     That's why I pay attention when they say that - (jake123)
         That got complex *very* quickly. - (static)
         Appears to be - (beepster) - (21)
             I thought that might get a rise out of you. ;-) - (Another Scott) - (15)
                 hmm, Mises by the backdoor -NT - (boxley)
                 I know who he is... - (beepster) - (13)
                     I read it a little differently. - (Another Scott) - (12)
                         like I always said about climate models - (boxley) - (11)
                             The analogy is bad. - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                 What makes economics very different from physical sciences - (drook) - (6)
                                     welcome to quantum physics -NT - (boxley) - (5)
                                         That's not how quantum physics works. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                             Re: That's not how quantum physics works. - (boxley) - (3)
                                                 Economics is not falsifiable -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                                     What? ever hear of ponzi? -NT - (boxley)
                                                 It's both. - (Another Scott)
                                 climatology isnt herd mentality? bwahahahaha - (boxley) - (2)
                                     So run it against history. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         thanx, downloaded will review -NT - (boxley)
             I don't think so - (drook)
             Re: Appears to be - (What-are-Dice?) - (3)
                 Welcome - (crazy)
                 Introduce yourself, please! - (folkert)
                 welcome to the non herd -NT - (boxley)

I like working for this guy.
He calls himself my towel boy.
He knows how to motivate me.
51 ms