Lincoln wrote:>>Owl, thanks for the weather info. I still retain my winter driving skills, having worked in Chicago last winter. However, weather.com has an advisory out for many of the Midwest interstates: high winds through Saturday, snow-covered roads and even some sections getting shut down due to drifting snow and poor visibility. If I were to drive, it's possible that I wouldn't make by the funeral Saturday morning if the weather shuts down the interstates or forces cars to drive very slowly. I'm going to risk flying into O'Hare Friday morning and take public transportation.<<

You're welcome. And I have to agree with your decision not to drive. We had almost nothing coming down here at 6:00 p.m. and then suddenly at 8:30 p.m. they were shutting down parts of highway 70 because cars were stalling while trying to get up a steeper snow-covered section of it. I think flying would be the best bet under these circumstances.

And I completely understand about the "scary" part. A dear friend of mine even younger than me, died a year or so back, and I still haven't really gotten past that. One minute she was fine, next minute she had a heart attack at 40 yrs old. I understand the importance of your being at this funeral. Safe trip.

Brenda