IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New So, in short, what you're saying is
while one can't really draw too many conclusions about $DEITY from that, one can conclude that the all-too-human institutions that have grown up around said $DEITY's worship are not worthy of respect.
New Which, of course, is exactly the same thing.
New of course look at the beginning of any religion
islam
good ideas from $deity
xian good ideas from $diety
Buddhist good ideas from $diety
mormons good ideas from $diety
Zoroastrians good ideas from $diety
then the bidness managers take over
New Re: of course look at the beginning of any religion
s/$deity/the bloke who made it up/g
New mebee, I dont know for sure do you?
have my own ideas about that $diety has a wicked sense of humor "you dont always get what you want but you get what you need" sometimes you need to think about that. In my personal case I have always gotten job's promise because I havnt topped myself yet :-)
New Heh
If I were a gambling man, I'd say that the odds are way better for the "a bloke made it up for shits/giggles/beer/women/money" than they are for "it was a supernatural omniscient omnipotent being, who's remained oddly silent on the big issues ever since".

I assume my dad (a very devout man) got what he needed when God decided to pop his aortic aneurism?

Mysterious ways, indeed.
New In other words,
... that Psalm tells you a lot about the Jews state-of-mind at a particular point in history.

It is not difficult to see that throughout the lifetime of the Kingdom of Israel, they were told repeatedly by $diety not to futz around with the other $deities of the region or they would regret it. Lo and behold: they were carted off to moulder for a while a long way away.

Wade.

Q:Is it proper to eat cheeseburgers with your fingers?
A:No, the fingers should be eaten separately.
     Psalm 137:9 - (mhuber) - (11)
         That's the Old Testament - (warmachine)
         The whole psalm is a lament of the exiles. - (static)
         its a song - (boxley) - (7)
             So, in short, what you're saying is - (jake123) - (6)
                 Which, of course, is exactly the same thing. -NT - (pwhysall)
                 of course look at the beginning of any religion - (boxley) - (3)
                     Re: of course look at the beginning of any religion - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         mebee, I dont know for sure do you? - (boxley) - (1)
                             Heh - (pwhysall)
                 In other words, - (static)
         My actual thought on it - (mhuber)

You say, "Williams, how can you get away with such political incorrectness?" It's easy. I'm a tenured professor, and I have diversified sources of income -- plus, I don't have much longer in this world.
82 ms