IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Eh?
http://tpmdc.talking...ty-is-applied.php

"What I said was, people will not be offended if that's the outcome. I'm not prejudging it, I'm not going to be in that courtroom. That's the job of the prosecutors, the judge and the jury," Obama said.

Also, given that KSM has already talked in detail about his guilt of the charges against him, bragged about it, and welcomed "martyrdom", Obama's statements to Todd were hardly controversial and will have zero impact on a jury. http://www.timesonli...rticle4076206.ece

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New so will sheik hold up a headline "Obama sez Im guilty"
then motion for a mistrial and a tainted jury pool?
Like Nixon he should have kept his mouth shut.
New I guess we'll see. I'm not worried that he'll be acquitted.
New What you should be worried about...
...is the fact that there will be news crews from every news outlet on the globe, all in one spot, all focussed on one thing, all back in NYC.

Wonder if they'll paint a bullseye on the building?
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New I was down the street from the Moussaoui trial...
http://www.vaed.usco...ssaoui/index.html

When did conservatives become such fraidy cats? :-/

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who thinks that this is all just stuff to get the Republican "base" more riled up at Obama.)
New Huh?
When did taking unnecessary risk become so flippant a gesture.

1) KSM is a different beast, if any of what has been said is true.

2) The fact that Lindsay Graham could "stump the band" about how this precedent would work in the future re: enemies caught in field of batter etc....lets see how that slope slides...

I don't really care if you give him a microphone and a 50000 watt tower of power to talk until we don't have to apply the death penalty...(seems to be the popular talking point...giving him a forum)...

There is no need to bring them here. None. Take the court to them.
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Fundamental disagreement.
KSM isn't so scary that the federal courts can't handle him. There is no reason why he cannot be tried here. If you look through what was done with the Moussaoui trial, you'll see that it wasn't a circus.

Moussaoui was tried in federal court here.

McVeigh was tried here.

Four of the US Embassy bombers were tried here - http://edition.cnn.c...embassy.bombings/

etc.

The best protection we have against terrorism is living up to our ideals and following our laws, not being afraid to put people on trial because they're "too dangerous". Following the law is not "taking unnecessary risk".

For someone who worries about the "slippery slope" in other contexts, you seem to be willing to ride the Slip&Slide regarding the "field of battle". IMO, if the term applies to Rawalpindi, then it applies to Orlando...

Cheers,
Scott.
New with nother on this one
the only caveat I have is that the law must be applied well, which may lead to an aquital unless the feds have some untainted evidence up their sleeve. We should never have taken these people into US custody to begin with, should have killed them in the field after having friends debrief them first
New A Military trial... for multiple murders, ending in...
acquittal?

Never happen. If they don't get him on the first murder, they will on the second or third... or which ever and then look at them overall and give him the absolute minimum of Hard Labor for the rest of his life.
New KSM's trial will be in federal court - not under UCMJ.
New Ah fudge...
Guess I need to re-read things...
     havnt seen a remark that stupid from a president since Nixon - (boxley) - (26)
         It's pretty straight forward - (crazy) - (2)
             Just wait till the show starts... - (beepster)
             Re: It's pretty straight forward - (boxley)
         Eh? - (Another Scott) - (10)
             so will sheik hold up a headline "Obama sez Im guilty" - (boxley) - (9)
                 I guess we'll see. I'm not worried that he'll be acquitted. -NT - (Another Scott) - (8)
                     What you should be worried about... - (beepster) - (4)
                         I was down the street from the Moussaoui trial... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                             Huh? - (beepster) - (2)
                                 Fundamental disagreement. - (Another Scott)
                                 with nother on this one - (boxley)
                     A Military trial... for multiple murders, ending in... - (folkert) - (2)
                         KSM's trial will be in federal court - not under UCMJ. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Ah fudge... - (folkert)
         The UCMJ pretty much ensures he... - (folkert) - (11)
             He's not getting a military trial. -NT - (beepster) - (10)
                 Crud. - (folkert) - (9)
                     I can think of one - (jake123) - (8)
                         UCMJ covers... - (folkert) - (7)
                             I dunno if you noticed or not - (jake123) - (6)
                                 Oh FSCK me... - (folkert) - (1)
                                     Oopsie -NT - (beepster)
                                 Exactly. - (mhuber) - (3)
                                     Bingo. - (jake123)
                                     Kudos. - (mmoffitt)
                                     Yep. - (pwhysall)

That game with the fifteen numbered balls is the devil's tool!
176 ms