IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, they're doing a good job of it so far
cf Stupak. Mind you, the system coming out of the legislation is nothing like the system I have described. This is mostly because your legislature is pretty much a wholly owned subsidiary of the United Corporations of America, afaict.

There's a lot broken with how things are down there. It's pretty much up to the American people to fix it.

A story for you; I stage managed the Canadian Guitar Festival this past summer. A couple of campsites down from me was a young couple from Ohio. I wished them luck in getting health care fixed. They said that they hoped it would go well. I asked them what they were doing about it. They pretty much said "nothing". I pointed out that I know the name of my MP (Peter Milliken), my MPP (John Gerretson), what their respective responsibilities were, and even more importantly... they knew who I was too. If I see something I don't like, I tell them... and if I see something I like a lot, I tell them that too. If you want to see that hopey changey thing, you need to make sure that your congressman and senator know who you are as well... democracy only begins at the ballot box.
New That is very true.
Mine has the same initials as I do and his office is 5 minutes from my house. (congresscritter, that is).
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New different down here
http://www.ledgernew.../opinion/columns/
This year, Jerguson had a previous commitment and didn’t attend any of the meetings. Murphy and Hamilton only participated to present a united front against the school board, which kicks off the day’s meetings. Then, they split a few minutes into the meeting for the Cherokee County Commission to attend a Forsyth County Chamber gathering about health care.

During the school board meeting, Rogers was out of the room on a cell phone during the school board’s presentation. But, he did manage to come back in when it was the lawmakers’ turn to speak and was able to tell the schools that they could expect more funding cuts from the Legislature.

The day’s meetings culminated in what was supposed to be an overview for the public of the upcoming General Assembly. Unfortunately, Rogers had to catch a plane and gave a five-minute outline of the state’s budget and the Legislature’s desire to cut an additional $5 billion to $6 billion. He did note that even if the schools were left out of the cuts to come, it would require cutting all other state programs by 50 to 60 percent, which he said is impossible.

When Rogers left, Hill and Byrd co-opted the meeting and turned it into an anti-health care reform “forum.” They said they wanted to present the public with “facts” about the proposals going through the U.S. Congress, and then presented two speakers who were firmly against the proposed health care legislation.
hill and byrd are county commisioners that have fuck all to do with federal legislation. Since only about 10-12% of people vote in the muni elections this is what you get
It seems to me that there has been a shift in our so-called “representative” government. These days, instead of us telling those we elect to office what we want them to do, they tell us what is best for the people and do it whether we like it or not.
     Rick Perlstein is smart. - (Another Scott) - (13)
         What vision - (beepster)
         sounds like palin "ya know" - (boxley) - (11)
             You've got to stop using that "working person" meme - (jake123) - (10)
                 is that the 26week working person? :-) -NT - (boxley) - (9)
                     Your info on EI is sadly very out of date - (jake123) - (8)
                         my interest is to be employed and get paid - (boxley) - (7)
                             The thing is - (jake123) - (6)
                                 So do you think - (beepster) - (5)
                                     If it was properly run, sure. - (jake123) - (4)
                                         What I think... - (beepster) - (3)
                                             Well, they're doing a good job of it so far - (jake123) - (2)
                                                 That is very true. - (beepster)
                                                 different down here - (boxley)

There are perhaps no more tragic creatures than middle-aged, middle-class tourists, unused to traveling in unfamiliar places, on a lifetime dream vacation.
133 ms