A C-grade series with actors almost as wooden as Barbara Bain.. and That's Wooden. Called Space Island, it's aboard the obligatory 2001-like rotating ring. It's pretty anti-Corp, but I doubt that the writers saw that as more than a 'detail' of an ongoing mediocre series of trivial plots.

But in fact: the mind-numbing b o r e d o m of the inmates, in carrying out 'research' for the Greater Good of the parent Corp -- may be enough of an indictment of all Corporate mindsets. It's made clear (by the mechanical voice of Corp audio, in exchanges) that - anyone who'd ever imagine they might create Insanely Great new dildoes or Whatever, shall be daily immersed in lies, deceptions and doubletalk. YAN portrayal of 'our' species as Ferenghi = That part may be the most accurate depiction! come to think of it {Ugh}... Maybe it's their *Truth* about US: that *IS* so fucking boring, jejeune, sleazy, and a few hundred others.

Hell it may even be an indictment of Celebrity Science-ism; especially with such semi-talented folk seeking er Recognition\ufffd (they'd best hope they aren't recognized Too clearly by whoever it is that 'recognizes stuff').

All-in-all a potboiler, carried by a Silly Valley PBS station KTEH, which tries to find Sci-Fi series (extra-PBS parent Corp material). Space Cops, Blake's 7, always Dr. Who, etc. This 'pledge drive' they offered Survivors and a couple others for people to vote-with-$ for. I deem that a sane approach too - put up or shut up. Beats Corp-TV and every other PBS station (they claim) re Sci-Fi offerings in the US. I send them $ natch - 100 mi. away, it stretches my super-yagi with two strings as 'rotator' ..

What you get in the civilized latitudes? Better than the above? Need satellite to cull the best of Europe or.. is it 'on the air'? I assume that everyone's on PAL, but have no idea what digital-TV infighting is going on there.

..barada nikkto,

Ashton