IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 3 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Could the bad router be the reason I'm getting errors?
Thanks for the heads-up,

Is that why I keep getting this error message whenever I try to change settings (such as show all threads, show new threads, show all forums, etc. etc.) That has been happening for the last few days.

Thanks,

Owl

(Error message copied and pasted below).

HTTP Status 500 -

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception
org.springframework.web.util.NestedServletException: Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.NullPointerException
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:488)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:431)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor50.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:244)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:276)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:162)

root cause
java.lang.NullPointerException
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.RedirectView.appendQueryProperties(RedirectView.java:226)
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.RedirectView.renderMergedOutputModel(RedirectView.java:197)
org.springframework.web.servlet.view.AbstractView.render(AbstractView.java:251)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.render(DispatcherServlet.java:1144)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:880)
org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:793)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:476)
org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doGet(FrameworkServlet.java:431)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:689)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor50.invoke(Unknown Source)
sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil$1.run(SecurityUtil.java:244)
java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
javax.security.auth.Subject.doAsPrivileged(Subject.java:517)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.execute(SecurityUtil.java:276)
org.apache.catalina.security.SecurityUtil.doAsPrivilege(SecurityUtil.java:162)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5 logs.
Apache Tomcat/5.5
Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 6, 2009, 10:58:21 PM EST
Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 6, 2009, 10:59:30 PM EST
Expand Edited by Nightowl Nov. 6, 2009, 11:18:23 PM EST
New Not very likely.
That looks and sounds like a programming error. I haven't seen anything like that, but I don't go editing my options very often either.

Add a bug report to the Suggestions forum, tell us which browser you were using, what steps you took, which screen you were on, what the selected and unselected options were, etc. If you really want to give us some good information on how to help us fix it, read this, and follow the instructions in there: http://www.joelonsof...og0000000029.html
-Mike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New I'll try and post the steps soon
I can recreate the error easily, and also get around it the same way each time, but it is really annoying what I have to do to change options.

I'm not feeling so good tonight, so maybe I'll post the process tomorrow. Thanks for your help.

Brenda

(Or you could do a scriptlet try/catch around the page....not sure that works with JSTL though)
     Advance notice: I will be swapping out my router... - (mvitale) - (6)
         Thanks Mike. I hope it's painless for you. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Could the bad router be the reason I'm getting errors? - (Nightowl) - (3)
             Not very likely. - (mvitale) - (1)
                 I'll try and post the steps soon - (Nightowl)
             Re: Could the bad router be the reason I'm getting errors? - (Mycroft_Holmes_Iv)
         Upgrade complete - (mvitale)

Well, after thinking it over for a few hours, the toilet decided to work.
41 ms