IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Won't matter
This has never been a pragmatic exercise. People who do drugs are "bad". Bad people should be punished. (What's that? Nicotine? Alcohol? No, I said drugs.)

Okay, and there's the race thing. That's been true since they first banned pot to get at migrant farm workers.
--

Drew
New The way I heard it . . .
. . it was because if white girls smoked devil weed they'd be having sex with black musicians.
New Nope, we're both wrong
It was originally targeted at the Hindoos. No shit.
"Within the last year we in California have been getting a large influx of Hindoos and they have in turn started quite a demand for cannabis indica; they are a very undesirable lot and the habit is growing in California very fast...the fear is now that they are initiating our whites into this habit."

The Hindoos were widely denounced for their outlandish customs, dirty clothes, strange food, suspect morals, and especially their propensity to work for low wages.
http://www.canorml.o...round/ca1913.html

You might not want to click that link from work. It's for CA NORML.
--

Drew
New Yup, but that's CA.
The justification I mentioned was Federal and supposedly expounded in Congress.
New Either way, clearly been a racial thing since the beginning
--

Drew
New Not really... it was a money thing. Race is how they sold it
to the plebes.
New Excellent point
The only color "they" care about is green. Wealth disparity just happens to overlap with racial lines, which is what they use to sell their ideas to the proletariat.

Well ... except I think the Duke brothers' attitude toward Eddie Murphy's character in Trading Places is pretty common.
--

Drew
     New Scientist: Legalize drugs. - (Another Scott) - (7)
         Won't matter - (drook) - (6)
             The way I heard it . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (5)
                 Nope, we're both wrong - (drook) - (4)
                     Yup, but that's CA. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                         Either way, clearly been a racial thing since the beginning -NT - (drook) - (2)
                             Not really... it was a money thing. Race is how they sold it - (jake123) - (1)
                                 Excellent point - (drook)

I had to wonder. What does a Drag Sheep wear? Wolf's clothing?
116 ms