IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "Thank You For Smoking" ... "You're not aiming for him."
When you argue with someone who you know isn't going to change their mind, you're arguing for everyone watching the debate. When we ask (first country that comes to mind) China to support sanctions against the Taliban, and they say, "Why should we do that?" What's our answer?
--

Drew
New no, I was pointing out that the referenced link
had a false premise to indicate that torture is wrong
"why should we do that" is really "whats in it for me" and is on a pragmatic basis
New torture is not wrong?
since when?

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from."

-- E.L. Doctorow
New torture IS wrong, his premise on WHY is false
New Depends on the assumptions you're working from
Torture is interesting because you've really got to be down in the slime before your assumptions start making it okay. He's just starting his argument from a different point than others might; he's using that to try to convince someone who maybe doesn't number all homo sap among his fellow human beings.
     Worst Case Scenario - (lincoln) - (10)
         question for you - (boxley) - (9)
             "Thank You For Smoking" ... "You're not aiming for him." - (drook) - (4)
                 no, I was pointing out that the referenced link - (boxley) - (3)
                     torture is not wrong? - (lincoln) - (2)
                         torture IS wrong, his premise on WHY is false -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                             Depends on the assumptions you're working from - (jake123)
             Re: question for you - (lincoln) - (3)
                 not at all - (boxley) - (2)
                     They kill themselves... - (folkert) - (1)
                         ed zachary -NT - (boxley)

Using Powerpoint in the schools--that's better than teaching kids how to smoke.
48 ms