IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Get an HDTV and you will be impressed.
We've discussed getting me a new TV. Biggest problem is size, mine in here is really small, and fits into a certain size space. The TV is a 13 inch (measured diagonally) across, and has to fit in a space 13 1/2 inches tall by 22 1/2 inches wide, (and I don't know how deep).

Do they even make an HDTV that small?

Also, if you get a TV with a digital tuner, do you still need to use the converter box to tape off the VCR or anything else?

Thanks for the info.

Brenda

http://www.newegg.co...m=N82E16889107040

Dimensions (W×H×D) --- 14.8" x 11.8" x 4.7" with stand
---------------------- 14.8" x 10.0" x 2.6" without stand

B&H Photovideo has the same set for the same price, but free shipping. http://www.bhphotovideo.com

(Note: I have no experience with ViewSonic stuff, and I'm not advocating that you get a new set. This is just an example of what's out there. :-)

If you're thinking about a new set, you should see some in person first. They're different from tube TVs and they have advantages and disadvantages.

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks for the info
We did find out however, that it isn't as bad as it seems it is. Apparently instead of broadcasting at half power (like they were doing before), Ch 4, KMOV, was reducing it even more, to 10 or 15% power at different times during the day to avoid electrocuting the people working on installing the digital antenna. So the signal was better at night, and better still on John's set up, and they say it will continue to improve.

My worry about getting a new TV is that it still might not solve the problem, because we have always had issues getting even local signals here in our house due to being near the airport and a lot of tall trees. To get Ch 30 and see Star Trek back when it still aired in some form, John had to use a get-up of 2 UHF antennas, connected together, hung by a bungi cord from the highest point in the living room by the TV, and aimed in only one direction. It reminded me of when we used to try and boost our rabbit ears signals with tinfoil while standing on a table, holding on to the antenna with one hand and pointing the other hand towards a window ;)

So we'll see how it is tomorrow before I jump to a new TV decision. Still, thanks for the info. I have to stop typing for tonight though, my arm is really really hurting from all the driving, writing out the 5 page patient forms and having the first day of PT. OUCH.

Brenda
Expand Edited by Nightowl June 13, 2009, 01:21:25 AM EDT
New Yes on the converter for the VCR
     Day 1 of Digital TV - (Nightowl) - (11)
         And nobody is writing about - (lincoln) - (3)
             VCR haven't been made in 4 years - (folkert) - (1)
                 Re: VCR haven't been made in 4 years - (Nightowl)
             Re: And nobody is writing about - (Nightowl)
         Get an HDTV and you will be impressed. - (folkert) - (4)
             Re: Get an HDTV and you will be impressed. - (Nightowl) - (3)
                 There are lots of small LCD sets available. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Thanks for the info - (Nightowl)
                 Yes on the converter for the VCR -NT - (SpiceWare)
         Artie presents: Anna Log - (SpiceWare)
         Digital TV conversion Down Under has similar problems. - (static)

If there are really aliens, I would think that L. Ron Hubbard would have to be one of them.
119 ms