IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It's part of her job
She is the Speaker of House, she is the effective head of the Democrats in Congress. She is responsible for dealing to get bills passed, keeping people voting the party line via bribery and threats, and to a certain extent deciding the Democratic party agenda. And doing what she can to keep the Republicans from being able to do those things. It's a job that creates more enemies then friends.

That she happens to be reasonably good at it and a women just makes it worse.

Jay
New Oh dear lord
she must be giving you rides on the G5 government plane that damned well better be ready when she wants it so she can get to Wash before the guys she lambasted arrive in their crossover.

just be glad your not one of the 500 million (sorry, correct that to 50 million) people that lose their job >every day< (except her husbands firm...who seems to make a good living from her PAC funds)...

and my, she too has never made a mistake...instead its all the fault of her branch of government...unlike the President...

You're right, it must just be that she's a woman that's good at her job...so nobody likes her.

That must be it.

Really.

</sigh of disbelief>
I will choose a path that's clear. I will choose freewill.
New Neither is a reason for hate
She is a professional politician and she has abused the privileges of her office. Neither of those things are reasons to hate her to an exceptional degree. If that was all she was, her name wouldn't even be known on a national scale.

Jay
New So his recycled joke
now escalates to hate speech?

This is how dislike of a politician manifests itself...isn't it instantly recognizable...everyone has been practicing since 2000.
New I wasn't actually talking about his joke
I was addressing the more general question of why people hate Pelosi.

His one off lame joke really doesn't rise to that level.

Jay
New Still
this is politics in the 21st century. What treatment of Pelosi differs from Wanda wishing that Rush's kidneys fail, isn't this an insult to all dialysis patients, etc? I don't see anywhere near the invective for her that was shown for shrub. I see a huge amount more invective being hurled at Miss CA..Nancy is very deserving...and I could argue that she's getting off lightly.

New Where you stand depends on where you sit, I guess.
I don't see anywhere near the invective for her that was shown for shrub.

I guess it depends on what strikes a chord with you.

A small example from 2006: http://mediamatters....ases/200610180012

They've been after her since before the 2006 mid-term election. They think attacking her gets them votes.

Funny, I don't recall attacks like that on Hastert. Or "jokes" about shooting him. Do you?

Cheers,
Scott.
New Or who you listen to or read
interesting one quote...as Nancy is being so unjustly criticized for political gain(</sarcasm> saying that she is "unjustly" being called the "most unpopular politician" even though there are several republicans (listed) that are even more unpopular...

To which I respond "Well (freakin) D'uh!" since its a 2 party system and it would serve well for Republicans to list their own in a list of unpopulars.

but what would I expect when you cite this guy

"Mr. Feherty's violent comments about Speaker Pelosi and Majority Leader Reid are disgusting," said Media Matters president Eric Burns. "Suggesting that our troops would attack the leaders of the very democracy they've sworn to sacrifice their lives for is an insult to their integrity, honor, and professionalism.

Talk about NOT getting the joke...or the irony of his own statement...since it is that VERY democracy that allows Feherty to make that joke in the first place, even if he did steal it from Lenny Bruce...and in the meaning I see NOTHING of Wanda Sykes wishing kidney failure on Rush..

So maybe you are right...and since you seem to set so far over that mediamatters seems balanced to you then we are all a bunch of Nancy haters.
New selective memory perhaps?
Gingrich got same treatment from you guys
New maybe they just didn't have a view
sitting that far to one side of the arena ;-)
     I thought it was funny - (beepster) - (17)
         Fill me in. - (Another Scott) - (13)
             Pu-leez. -NT - (beepster)
             It's part of her job - (jay) - (9)
                 Oh dear lord - (beepster) - (8)
                     Neither is a reason for hate - (jay) - (7)
                         So his recycled joke - (beepster) - (6)
                             I wasn't actually talking about his joke - (jay) - (5)
                                 Still - (beepster) - (4)
                                     Where you stand depends on where you sit, I guess. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         Or who you listen to or read - (beepster)
                                         selective memory perhaps? - (boxley) - (1)
                                             maybe they just didn't have a view - (beepster)
             sure - (boxley) - (1)
                 It could also be - (beepster)
         I think it's more a matter of being insulting - (jake123)
         Belongs in Religion forum. -NT - (Ashton) - (1)
             true, belaboring the oblivious is a religeous function -NT - (boxley)

Heard that when you play a Windows CD backwards, it plays satanic message? That's nothing! When you play it forward, it installs Windows!
74 ms