IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It must be registered for media types
In order to stop the program from loading on Startup run MSCONFIG if you have 98 or ME (I think XP has this, but not sure?) then click on the Startup tab and disable it.

Start / Run / MSCONFIG

Only thing I can think of is that the Real1 replaced the CDPlayer app?

Click on "My Computer" and select the View Menu and Folder Options. Click on the File Type tab and see what it says for the types of
"AudioCD" is it registered for. Change the default player from Real1, to
"C:\\WINDOWS\\cdplayer.exe /play" without the quotes. The old one may be there and you just have to set the old one to the default.

Please let me know if this helps.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New Round and round she goes, where she stops ...
I sure as hell don't know. Well, I got the Windows CD player (w2k) registered as the default player for the AudioCD at the MyComputer level. Problem is, the eject buttons on vearious applications no longer worked. Windows CD player, the ripper program I'm using, right-click->Eject from File Manager ... nothing.

It's not a problem, though, because the next time I ejected (manually, had to use the paper-clip-through-the-pinhole trick) and inserted a new one, RealOne reaccquired the association.
I can't be a Democrat because I like to spend the money I make.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New Try here
From Real media tech support- [link|http://www.expressresponse.com/cgi-bin/progsnp/real_rec/srchjnnp?search_type=vdocument&search_input=rap01408.html&session_id=1015272470.11963.5&other=two&search_erproduct=RealPlayer8%5f0Basic&Make=%2d1&clientInfo=how+to+uninstall&Submitbuttonname=Submit|url]
With this much manure around, there must be a pony somewhere.
New Well ... that's a bit more than I wanted to do
I don't want to completely remove it. I just want the damn thing to not pop up and start playing every time I insert a CD.
I can't be a Republican because I like to spend the money I make on drugs and whores.
New I think it's an installation option
and in order to get to it you have to do the clean uninstall first. Then the install with careful attention to options in order to not make it the default player of everything.

Or you could take a walk in the brisk winter air, collect some icicles and mail 'em to real media with instructions on how to store 'em rectally.
New But ... but ... FBOG
I did step through all that at installation time. The only things I left it associated with were real RealMedia files. (Oh, and I think I took one of the video formats back from Windows Media Player because I like Real's interface better.)

I am positive there was nothing in there about playing audio CD's, and that if there had been I would have left it associated with WinAmp.

All this, of course, being entirely beside the stupidity/evilness of having install-time-only options for something this basic. As well as taking it back from what I specifically changed it to.
New There's your problem
You installed it. I won't use RM in any form ever again.
New Let the Evil Empire do it for you
See if the Windows Media Player update will fix it for you?

man, somebody has to write a program that will go in and ask you what software you want to manage what for you? Like select "AudioCDs" and it should ask you which software you want to be default for you and replace it for you. Could make some serious money.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
     How do you kill RealPlayer autostart? - (drewk) - (17)
         BruteForce: RegEdit, Search, Exe-name, F3, F3, F3, F3, F3... -NT - (CRConrad)
         You're gonna have to.. - (bepatient) - (5)
             Looks like that might be it - (drewk) - (4)
                 Hmmm...maybe they made some adjustments... - (bepatient) - (2)
                     No joy - (drewk) - (1)
                         Damn...they did make "improvements" - (bepatient)
                 Just a side note. - (inthane-chan)
         Standard response... - (Yendor) - (1)
             No no no no no no no no no no - (drewk)
         It must be registered for media types - (nking) - (7)
             Round and round she goes, where she stops ... - (drewk) - (6)
                 Try here - (Silverlock) - (5)
                     Well ... that's a bit more than I wanted to do - (drewk) - (4)
                         I think it's an installation option - (Silverlock) - (2)
                             But ... but ... FBOG - (drewk) - (1)
                                 There's your problem - (Silverlock)
                         Let the Evil Empire do it for you - (nking)

That's pretty much epic-scale incomprehension.
62 ms