IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Alternate opinion
It sucked. It sucked badly. It was horrible. I STRONGLY disliked it.

In fact, it has caused me to make a new rule:

Tim Burton Can't Do Sci-Fi. I mean, look at Mars Attacks! (Or don't - it will save your sanity.) His other stuff is really good. But any time he ventures into science fiction, It Just Sucks.

The one good thing about the film was the costuming. Really good looking. Everything else (Mark Whalburg looks dazed 'n confused, plot was somewhat lacking in direction, heavy-handed social commentary, jokes that fell flat on their face) just sucked.
New wh-wh-wh-WHAT?
Tim Burton Can't Do Sci-Fi. I mean, look at Mars Attacks! (Or don't - it will save your sanity.)

Errrrrr.....

I *liked* Mars Attacks.

But it wasn't sci-fi... it was a spoof *of* sci-fi.

And it was a hilarious spoof at that. :)

And the ending... was just too hilarious.

Addison
New Different strokes...
Okay, I have to admit that the martians were hilarious. To me, that was about it - the rest of the film just didn't do it for me. Other than those two, though, I haven't seen a Tim Burton film that didn't appeal to me. Hell, even Sleepy Hollow, which a lot of people didn't like locally, was a great deal of fun for me.
New Mars Attacks
It was supposed to be funny Sci-Fi as in a spoof based on some old Sci-Fi Bubblegum cards from the 1950's IIRC.

Sleepy Hollow had its momments, and was a weird and scary movie.

Planet Of The Apes could have been better, I admit that. But I really did enjoy it despite some of the acting that could have been better and the overuse of special effects tried to make up for the bad acting.

"I can see if I want anything done right around here, I'll have to do it myself!"  Moe Howard

Planet of the Apes - (orion) - (5)
         Hey hey, we're the Monkees! - (orion) - (4)
             Alternate opinion - (inthane-chan) - (3)
                 wh-wh-wh-WHAT? - (addison) - (2)
                     Different strokes... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                         Mars Attacks - (orion)

Eight Megs And Constantly Swapping
66 ms