IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Last two day...
First Granddaughter born on Wednesday. (Have 2 grandsons already)

Car died on the way home. (actually just when we got home)

Grandson had dr appt yesterday. 21 mos and not walking. Dr wants to have him examined by a neurologist to see what's wrong. Nothing physically wrong.

Water pipe froze and burst under the house (My house is on a slab, so there is crawl space under the house, not a basement.) Got it capped at 10:30 last night so we have water again. But no water in the laundry room and limited water in my shower. Might have more pipe issues...

Drove the truck in this morning, and transmission is showing signs of slippage.

And how is your morning today?
New :-( Bet you'll be glad when this month is over!
Hang in there. Best of luck with all the repairs.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Oy Vey!
That's a heap of trouble there partner!

Congratulations on the granddaughter! Sorry about the grandson's situation. Will cross fingers that there's effective help. Remember there's a lot of variability in kid's development.

Sorry about the rest too, but it will pass.

And, my definition of a house built on a slab is that the floor lays on a concrete slab that has been laid on the (prepared) ground. Did you have your vents to the crawl space closed? I have a crawl space and it's a spring and fall ritual to open and close the vents. Of course, there are thermostatically automated ones that don't need intervention.
Alex
New Ditto on the vents
I also had a pipe burst in the crawlspace before I knew I was supposed to close the vents. After that, I just bought a sheet of foam insulation and cut it to fit. Press it in tightly after the first frost, pull it out when the trees start to bud. Cost me about $4 per year.
--

Drew
New Re: Ditto on the vents
Vents were closed.
The pipe that burst was the pipe that fed the outside faucet. It burst on the inside side of the shutoff valve (which was closed and pipe drained) Some how there was a short (~3") piece of pvc. Guess even under the house it got a little cold when outside temps were hitting -30. (not windchill). In the spring I'll be insulating under the house.

After all, it's only money....

btw. since Sep, I was laid off (contract not renewed) and rehired two weeks later by the same client... Today the manager that I've been working for, just informed me that he has been given his two week notice, half the team has been given their notice, and the remainder of the team (includes me, so far) has been reassigned to another manager. This project is way behind, way over budget, and imo, will never provide the anticipated results... This is NOT a good project. Time to re-update resume...
New ouch, all at once as usual. fingers xed
     Last two day... - (jbrabeck) - (5)
         :-( Bet you'll be glad when this month is over! - (Another Scott)
         Oy Vey! - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             Ditto on the vents - (drook) - (1)
                 Re: Ditto on the vents - (jbrabeck)
         ouch, all at once as usual. fingers xed -NT - (boxley)

In conclusion, lithium in the water supply.
60 ms