IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Dirty glasses?
Sorry, as Alex said in a reply to Box, "Couldn't resist".

:-)
New Too much pr0n, it's affecting his vision...
New Maybe I should wait til my eyeballs stop jiggling
--

Drew
New Looked Reeel close, BTW:
While I, too did not see what you described ... used the bitchin Zoom-thingy to peer at fonts:
it appears to my un- typographically-tutored eyeballs that Your fonts are more, er granular than even the super-sharp iMac ones.
That is, the apparent-sharpness of the black/white edges prolly goes to iMac, but: there seem to be more 'elements' (lines, curves) -per-character to yours!

(iMac default that is; dunno what else might improve on that. Yet.)
I expect that Peter and others have some views on which be the bitchinest fonts ... to use a technical term which only we epicures know.

Posit:
Apparently the eye/brain weights the really-sharp edge contrast higher than the actual %linear-fill of a given character ??

(I still need to sort out preferred sizes, font choices and other trivia which, together gilds the lily to a fare-thee-well. Poco á poco.)

New That should be Bitstream Vera Sans
Ubuntu, so Gnome desktop. Check this out with your zoomer.

http://cooklikeyourg.../images/fonts.png

I suspect "best contrast" would look more like what you're seeing on your Mac.
--

Drew
New Most illuminating -
(Saved for other comparos)

Zoomed ridiculously, clearly the contrast Is higher for the 'assembled pixel-blocks', but the smoothed sample reveals its method: can see the use of color to smooth via illusion; clever lads.. Smooth beats highest-contrast, yet from one angle, technically: via added-fuzziness!

This font display shows it perfectly. Thanks
New That ain't "Bitstream" in that thar piccy
You need to select the right font names in there...

Those is just the default fonts that come with Gnome.

http://www.gregfolke...nt-Selections.png

And Remember... these are taken at 72dpi... being the default for the screen capture stuffs.
New Oh yeah
I mostly use Firefox and Gimp on this lappy, so I forgot to set the desktop defaults to Bitstream after my last reload. Thanks for the reminder.
--

Drew
     Strange video artifact problem - (drook) - (12)
         What are we looking for? - (mvitale) - (11)
             *Forehead smack* - (drook) - (10)
                 Typically... this has to do with - (folkert) - (1)
                     Might be fixed - (drook)
                 Dirty glasses? - (jbrabeck) - (7)
                     Too much pr0n, it's affecting his vision... -NT - (jake123) - (6)
                         Maybe I should wait til my eyeballs stop jiggling -NT - (drook) - (5)
                             Looked Reeel close, BTW: - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 That should be Bitstream Vera Sans - (drook) - (3)
                                     Most illuminating - - (Ashton)
                                     That ain't "Bitstream" in that thar piccy - (folkert) - (1)
                                         Oh yeah - (drook)

We either do it ourselves, or nobody does.
86 ms