IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ok, its over now
Just to let everyone know. Last month I went into the hospital because my appendix burst. I shared that.

As Paul Harvey was famous for saying...here now...is the rest of the story.

On follow up with that surgeon I was informed that the reason for my adult onset appendicitis was moderately defined adenocarcinoma of the appendix. The c word. So much for going in, having him look at the incisions and sending me home.

So, of course, panic set in. We then needed to schedule follow up surgery for staging. Turns out the same doc couldn't do both surgeries...since, unlike the Verizon commercials...he wasn't in my network. So, took the opportunity to get 2nd opinion from oncologist, etc.

So, over the past 5 weeks I've had 5 rounds of tests, MRI, colonoscopy, bloodwork and last week the second surgery to remove part of my colon and surrounding lymph nodes to make sure that with my appendix went all of the cancer, which was the hope of all involved and the leading prognosis after all of the testing.

Tests came back today. Good news. I'm clean.

So, everyone so far down here has been great..but I, of course, now worry that I've put myself behind an 8 ball in the office being out for a significant amount of time.

The good is I am 30 pounds lighter, I weigh less now than I have since enrolling in college. Goal is to keep it that way. I've pretty much given up all vices. The bad that came from all of this (which is actually probably good) is we caught the onset of type 2 diabetes (family history) so now I get to eat less pasta (and this for a guy who married an Italian...torture).

I know that I'm generally one that has shied from putting this much personal info out there...more comfortable doing it with this limited group on Mike's server and wanted my friends here to know, finally. I didn't want to put anything out there before I got the results of this second set of pathology reports..because I really didn't know anything till today.

Thanks to all for simply being here and giving my mind a more postive place to wander.
New Good news, everybody!
Congrats on the cleaner bill of health. Keeping down the pasta intake, I suspect, will be the hardest part of all. But that just means that when you do decide to partake of that particular vice, go all-out. Carbonara. Homemade noodles. Homemade sauce. Etc. :)
-Mike
New Whew!
I'm very glad that it's turned out well! Enjoy your new svelteness! :-)

Thanks for sharing, too. Take care.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Ok, its over now
wow, good and bad news, glad to here that tests clean, hope the job/gig thing is okay
gotta make that road trip one of these days. I can eat your share of the pasta
if lemmy and god had a wrestling match who would win?
New Woot.
This is great news.

GREAT NEWS on all fronts for you.

Not to take your thunder...

I'm also a confirmed Type 2 Diabetes sufferer... Tuesday got my tester. Bleah.

I have to take those 1000MG tablets twice a day. (Metformin)

At least for now as my Glucose... is hyarge. Fasting this morning 270. But its only the third day I am reducing carbs.
New takes at least a week for the meds to kick in
and it will take longer for them to get the doses right

I started in the mid-high 200s and have since seen it come down. Not "normal" yet...but closing
New Great news, Bill!
Just you keep dodging that bullet like you have... pretty fancy footwork there, mister! :-)
Regards,
-scott
<i>Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.</i>
New Good to hear, Beep
when you comin' back up Canuckistan way?
New *all* vices? :-O
I don't think a BeepBash would be quite the same without at least one table groaning from all the liquor... :-)

However, it's good you've come through (comparatively) so well.

Wade.
New Speaking of which
the 4th is a Saturday next year and we have already reserved the clubhouse next to the pool.

After a one year hiatus, the bash is back on.
New I am so there
New Grin
Glad you're ok, and looking forward to the road trip.
New Serendipity!
at the least. (Guess you haven't pissed off the gods. Too much.)

Who'd a thunk appendicitis could be the Good news ever, eh?
Glad you were able to parlay this into a trifecta, and also get back the 'results' this fast.

Why next ... .... you'll be so bloody healthy: bicycle to work..

Luck with the new religion, too --

Antipastafarianism -- though their doxology is a bit flour-y, the tenets somewhat half-baked and the priests are said to be ... crusty.
New Really glad to hear that
I hope you know even with as much (or as little lately) as I argue with you, I do consider you my friend.

Stay strong. Stay svelte. Stay well.
New I know this to be true
even if you are an idiot sometimes :-)

Thanks.
New adenocarcinoma
I'm not a doctor and have never been invited to play one on TV. This said, if I had to choose any organ I might lose to cancer, I think that the appendix would be about as high in the polls (internals, natch) as Obama is in California. I look forward to baiting you for years in these precincts (or on our old turf if, you know, there's ever any progress on that front).

cordially,

New Actually
its one of the rarest forms/locations of cancer and because it rarely presents itself as it did in my case (early as appendicitis)...its often not discovered until much too late..its a quick spread to liver in men and ovaries in women..so oft proves deadly.

I was lucky.

That said...having to have some portion of my anatomy removed..that and the few inches of surrounding area are probably not going to missed.
New I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through all that
Scary as hell, isnt it?

But I'm very relieved to hear you beat the bastard and are on the mend.

Cant you even have whole wheat pasta? That has a lower GI index.

You know what caused all this? GLUTEN.
(sorry. Couldnt resist)
New :-D
New Everything in moderation
problem is my moderator doesn't work so well :-)

Yes, I can do whole grain pasta..etc...but am limited to about 6o carbs max per meal...which works out to be not so much pasta when considering sauce, etc.

Its actually not so bad, it will pretty much force me into keeping the weight off which in the end is a good thing.
New easier on the heart, but jack and diet coke? bletch
New Mixers? We don't need no steenkin mixers!
New Wow! Great news, Beep!
No idea here on the trials you've been through until now.

Sorry, I've been traveling a bunch and out of the loop.
New He kept us out of the loop...
on porpoise.

His choice.
New Well..
throwing the unknown out there like that wouldn't have really helped. Simply chose to wait until I had real test results...which turned out to be really good ones, thankfully.
New Re: Well..
Yes, but you still chose to keep us out of the loop for a good reason.

Doesn't bother me... I am just glad to be able to chat and type back and forth to you.
New Great news! Take care of yourself!
     Ok, its over now - (beepster) - (26)
         Good news, everybody! - (mvitale)
         Whew! - (Another Scott)
         Re: Ok, its over now - (boxley)
         Woot. - (folkert) - (1)
             takes at least a week for the meds to kick in - (beepster)
         Great news, Bill! - (malraux)
         Good to hear, Beep - (jake123)
         *all* vices? :-O - (static) - (3)
             Speaking of which - (beepster) - (2)
                 I am so there -NT - (boxley)
                 Grin - (crazy)
         Serendipity! - (Ashton)
         Really glad to hear that - (Silverlock) - (1)
             I know this to be true - (beepster)
         adenocarcinoma - (rcareaga) - (1)
             Actually - (beepster)
         I'm so sorry to hear you had to go through all that - (laura) - (4)
             :-D -NT - (Another Scott)
             Everything in moderation - (beepster) - (2)
                 easier on the heart, but jack and diet coke? bletch -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                     Mixers? We don't need no steenkin mixers! -NT - (beepster)
         Wow! Great news, Beep! - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
             He kept us out of the loop... - (folkert) - (2)
                 Well.. - (beepster) - (1)
                     Re: Well.. - (folkert)
         Great news! Take care of yourself! -NT - (Nightowl)

Your Bork God[tm] is HERE!
184 ms