IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Lock her up and throw away the key
I think there is a difference between premeditated murder, as in the Smith case where she murdered her kids in the car, and in this case. Whether that's *enough* of a difference will be up to the jury and whatever pychiatrists testify to.
Where each demon is slain, more hate is raised, yet hate unchecked also multiplies. - L. E. Modesitt
New I'm affraid I don't necessarily follow this logic...
The Texas women killed her kids one by one by drowning them in the bathtub. This took some time I would think. From a news story, I also understand that her oldest son, the last to die, put up a struggle. Maybe the first one was kind of "spontaneous" but the next four would certainly seem to be friggin premeditated to me... Could be wrong...

I don't know if the Smith women set off on her drive to do her deed or if she sort of had a "gestalt" while she was at the lake and improvised... The antics she pulled after she killed her kids with the media would imply to me that she may have been even more insane than the Texas women. I may have forgotten some of the facts though.

Your contention that a psychiatrist in court is going to shed some kind of new light on this women is also a bit laughable to me. She "suffered" from post partum depression, she had no choice but to kill her kids... FWIW, I never bought into that "don't rush to judgement" bullshit either. I give the presumption of innocence to those who haven't confessed, but I still think that from a strictly rational point of view, anyone who kills is at least temporalily insane (again barring self defense, protection of family and war).

For clarification, I would like to state that I believe that laws exist to keep us from doing what we otherwise would do naturally. "I like your shirt, I'm gonna take it", "I like your wife, etc...", "I don't like you, life would be easier for me if I made you cease to exist"... This is about the rights of the children that she deprived. She served as a selfish judge, jury and executioner in her own world - whether sane or not.

Killing her will not do anything to right her wrong. The kids will still be dead and deprived of all of their most basic rights. It is my contention that the State should act in their behalf and in some way even it up for them... Texas should drown her in a bathtub on prime time. At least then, she may know how they felt.
Just a few thoughts,

Screamer

"I'll tip my hat to the new constitution, take a bow for the new revolution, smile and grin at the change all around, pick up my guitar and play, just like yesterday..."

P. Townshend

"Nietzsche has an S in it"
Celina Jones
     More Tom Tomorrow. - (Brandioch) - (33)
         "It's beginning to look a lot like - (Ashton) - (32)
             Got the same stuff going on today... - (inthane-chan) - (31)
                 I tend to suppose this sort of vengefulness - (Ashton) - (12)
                     See: Estados Unidos... - (inthane-chan) - (11)
                         I didn't realize that about Mexican law, - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Don't knock the movement... - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                                 Wasn't recommending them as a model ;-) - (Ashton)
                         As for the woman in texas - (boxley) - (6)
                             Think yer right on that earlier one, Box - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 strange as that other crowd, killem in the womb - (boxley) - (3)
                                     Won't fly.. - (Ashton) - (2)
                                         we dont already do that ? (last line) -NT - (boxley)
                                         Sage LRPD sez: Non-migratory, just like cocopabanana blaps. -NT - (Ashton)
                             Matches the attitudes of the "Letters To The Editors" - (bconnors)
                         Re: no death penalty - (Silverlock)
                 What should happen to her? - (screamer) - (17)
                     Lock her up and throw away the key - (wharris2) - (1)
                         I'm affraid I don't necessarily follow this logic... - (screamer)
                     Life without parole works in civilized countries. - (Ashton) - (4)
                         Unfortunately, until recently that wasn't an option - (wharris2)
                         Okay, I'm enlightening myself a little... - (screamer) - (2)
                             As currently practised, the figures don't hold up - (wharris2) - (1)
                                 So.. the system (any system created by homo-sap) is - (Ashton)
                     if she fries she shouldnt fry alone - (boxley) - (1)
                         Very good points... - (screamer)
                     It isn't about her. - (mhuber) - (7)
                         Okay, I'm following a little more now... - (screamer) - (6)
                             Close, but... - (mhuber) - (5)
                                 Yes, the fact there are snuff films - shows where the - (Ashton) - (4)
                                     Cecil says "snuff films" are an urban legend. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                         'Simulated' will do: not much Isn't 'simulated' elsewhere.. -NT - (Ashton)
                                         snuff films are real if defined by movies depicting - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Definintion of "snuff" AFAIK... - (inthane-chan)

That's RattenSTEEN.
55 ms