IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I have an order in at a local health food store :-)
Found Tamari online but I like to buy from local sources as much as possible. It was an interesting chain of events. Went to HerbMart in Plano. When I asked if I could order a bottle, I was rebuffed! I responded in a less than diplomatic fashion, but only because I felt that a store of that nature would want to cater to someone like me (call me old-fashioned...<snark>).

I apologized for being rude and brought my behavior back to a my more respectable level and explained how frustrating this disease can be at times. I was fortunate that I struck a compassionate chord with the person who was the manager of the day, because she ended up saying she would order a couple of bottles for me. I suggested that if she would start stocking this product, I would be sure to spread the word to other celiacs to "come and get it!"

It's all about the win-win :-)

I appreciate your thoughtfulness, Christian. I have a feeling I will be seeking Andrew's advice for a lot of ingredients from now on. I won't be shy to ask him to score some products for me ;-)

In fact, as I think about it, I think it would be fun to someday arrange a visit to Andrew's Hood. (Are ya payin' attention, Gryge?) We haven't taken a vacation in awhile...it would be fun to have a purpose...cookin' and shoppin' and visitin' :-D
Smile,
Amy
New Well, that's Texas, I guess.
Around here a good tamari soy would be a feature item, not a no-got-em.

And yes, I'm payin' attention. A visit would certainly be welcome, though a day or two of advance notice would be appreciated if possible.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Why Soitenly! Nuk Nuk Nuk!
No! We make it a habit of barging in on people when they least expect it :0D

NOBODY EXPECTS THE RATHMAN INQUISITION!!!!

BTW, We just got back from Central Market. Got a bigass bottle of Tamari. Fuck the HerbMart! (If it comes in, I'll buy it.) They also have a great gluten-free section (hearts popping!) Got lots o'goodies tonight. Hummus chips is a great one!
Smile,
Amy
     C'est un petit monde apr\ufffds tous. - (imqwerky) - (41)
         It's about effing time. - (CRConrad) - (40)
             But I shall fight back . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (39)
                 "But I am not left-handed" :-) - (imqwerky)
                 "Mapie"? p -> r ==> "Marie", peut-etre? -NT - (CRConrad) - (32)
                     Je concours! - (imqwerky) - (30)
                         It is an excellent book . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (29)
                             I am very good at making sauces (img) - (imqwerky) - (28)
                                 Well, it looks a lot more effective . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (27)
                                     Actually, I forgot to mention... - (imqwerky) - (26)
                                         Well, I've never tried it . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                                             When I start experiementing (evil laugh!! >:-) ) - (imqwerky) - (16)
                                                 Just ran across a note in a Japanese cookbook. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                                                     *KISS* - (imqwerky) - (14)
                                                         Look into tamari style soy soauces. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                                             Set up an "underground railroad" for her. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                 I have an order in at a local health food store :-) - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                     Well, that's Texas, I guess. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                         Why Soitenly! Nuk Nuk Nuk! - (imqwerky)
                                                             While I was at the Korean grocery . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                                 Glad to know that. - (imqwerky) - (3)
                                                                     Aromatic Rice. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                                         Chili Juanita! (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                                                                         Basmati rice is amazing. One of the truly great foods. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         Scored 2 boxes of mochiko flour . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                             OT: ? aaxnet.com works fine here. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                 Yes, the Web site has no problems, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                     OIC. Best of luck. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         s/flour/cornstarch/g taste better and lumps less -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                             works well for gravies, some sauces need the flour for taste -NT - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                 add some file for taste -NT - (boxley)
                                                 If you can taste the flour, you're doing it wrong. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                     Not entirely. - (hnick)
                                                     To remove the raw flour taste . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                     evil impure thought picture - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         That, *and* wall*paper* too! -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Says "Mapie" on the title page and cover . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 What? No Julia Child? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Those were just his French cookbooks -NT - (bepatient) - (3)
                         Re: Those were just his French cookbooks - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             I loved her series with Jaques Pepin - (imqwerky)
                             A secondary source. (new thread) - (Andrew Grygus)

Elvis is our system administrator.
230 ms