IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Glad to know that.
There's a store right down the street from me called "Subzi Mandi". I think it is Vietnamese, but it might cater to wide variety of Asians.

I am planning to go exploring there this coming week. We bought a very expensive piece of mahi-mahi at Central Market and I have learned that we can get the same fish for a better price at the ethnic stores.

I'm out of Texmati Basmati rice, so it will be off to Taj Mahal Imports to get a huge-ass sack of aromatic rice. (We love that stuff, obviously!)

Can't wait till I start finding cool stuff that you can only find here that you may covet ;0)

What fun!
Smile,
Amy
New Aromatic Rice.
I keep two varieties of long grained aromatic rice: aged Basmati (generally Royal brand, though Elephant and several others are just fine) and Jasmine (generally Baby Elephant brand - I'm not too hot on Goya products but that rice is good).

Aged Basmati is veeery long grain but a bit dry for non-Indian dishes. Jasmine is a better all purpose rice in my opinion and I use it not only for Southeast Asian dishes but Chinese as well (well, so would the Chinese if they could afford it).

For Japanese where you need a medium grain rice I prefer Kokuho Rose which I definitely prefer to Calrose.

Now as to stuff you may have down there that I don't have here, I'm particularly interested in chilis that are not yet listed on my [link|http://www.clovegarden.com/ingred/chili.html|Chili Page].
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Chili Juanita! (new thread)
Created as new thread #296708 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=296708|Chili Juanita!]
Smile,
Amy
New Basmati rice is amazing. One of the truly great foods.
[link|http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=006978452673906630972%3A_5xhnlvpsn4|IWeThey Custom Search Engine]
     C'est un petit monde apr\ufffds tous. - (imqwerky) - (41)
         It's about effing time. - (CRConrad) - (40)
             But I shall fight back . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (39)
                 "But I am not left-handed" :-) - (imqwerky)
                 "Mapie"? p -> r ==> "Marie", peut-etre? -NT - (CRConrad) - (32)
                     Je concours! - (imqwerky) - (30)
                         It is an excellent book . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (29)
                             I am very good at making sauces (img) - (imqwerky) - (28)
                                 Well, it looks a lot more effective . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (27)
                                     Actually, I forgot to mention... - (imqwerky) - (26)
                                         Well, I've never tried it . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (17)
                                             When I start experiementing (evil laugh!! >:-) ) - (imqwerky) - (16)
                                                 Just ran across a note in a Japanese cookbook. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                                                     *KISS* - (imqwerky) - (14)
                                                         Look into tamari style soy soauces. - (Andrew Grygus) - (9)
                                                             Set up an "underground railroad" for her. - (CRConrad) - (3)
                                                                 I have an order in at a local health food store :-) - (imqwerky) - (2)
                                                                     Well, that's Texas, I guess. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                         Why Soitenly! Nuk Nuk Nuk! - (imqwerky)
                                                             While I was at the Korean grocery . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                                                                 Glad to know that. - (imqwerky) - (3)
                                                                     Aromatic Rice. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                                                         Chili Juanita! (new thread) - (imqwerky)
                                                                         Basmati rice is amazing. One of the truly great foods. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                                         Scored 2 boxes of mochiko flour . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                             OT: ? aaxnet.com works fine here. -NT - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                                 Yes, the Web site has no problems, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                                                                     OIC. Best of luck. -NT - (Another Scott)
                                         s/flour/cornstarch/g taste better and lumps less -NT - (boxley) - (7)
                                             works well for gravies, some sauces need the flour for taste -NT - (bepatient) - (6)
                                                 add some file for taste -NT - (boxley)
                                                 If you can taste the flour, you're doing it wrong. - (CRConrad) - (4)
                                                     Not entirely. - (hnick)
                                                     To remove the raw flour taste . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                                                     evil impure thought picture - (boxley) - (1)
                                                         That, *and* wall*paper* too! -NT - (CRConrad)
                     Says "Mapie" on the title page and cover . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                 What? No Julia Child? -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
                     Those were just his French cookbooks -NT - (bepatient) - (3)
                         Re: Those were just his French cookbooks - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             I loved her series with Jaques Pepin - (imqwerky)
                             A secondary source. (new thread) - (Andrew Grygus)

Keep your friends close, but independent consultants closer.
63 ms