1/2 small onion
sliced raw ginger root (some)
liquify in blender

melt 1/2 lb butter in pot
add above liquid plus 2.5 qts water
add one bag zatarain crab boil bring to rolling boil
add 1 lb shrimp 1 lb mussels and 1/2 lb scallops
bring back to boil for 5 minutes

let sit for 20 minutes then strain the liquid and eat the seafood.
It tastes good now but I hope it will taste good later.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New No
You have fat and veggies and protein in there. Onions are garlic are especially irritating. This will all stimulate your GI tract. Your goal is to rest it. Diluting and straining helps, but you still have the fat to deal with. I suppose you could chill it and pull off the layer of fat that forms on the top.
New thats what I am doing now, all the fat should be at the top
okay, I can save that for later, howabout the drippings from a prime rib roast mixed with water? Sorry for the ignorance but the only liquid diet I have ever been on was based on copious amounts of beer. Bought some chicken stock at the store but I hates chicken.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

New No again
Stop trying to game the system.

[link|http://www.gastromd.com/diets/clearliquid.html|http://www.gastromd..../clearliquid.html]
New thanx for the link, wasnt trying to game the system
looks like I need to pickup some lemon juice. can live on tea if I have to.
thanx agin,
bill

New Lots of lemons (ade) + maple syrup
I found that entirely satisfying for ~ 10 days once, on a 'fast.' No imaginations of dead cow meat or other -- which was as surprising to me as to others (was supposed to be a week, but I got into the habit and just went on ...)

A little red pepper to taste, makes it more interesting. But overdoing that, macho-style is likely counterindicated as a prep for surgery.

YMM [likely Will] V

New Well again,
You're dealing with the fat issue. You really have to avoid all fat, veggies, meat and grains. You can only eat food that is clear at room temperature. You can have fruit juices with no pulp. Coffee, tea, honey, jelly (not jam),clear, hard candy. If you cant see through it, you cant have it. And even though alcohol is clear, you cant have that either. You can have pop, though.

It's not much fun, but you just have to do it.
New crazy's link was what I needed.
gonna run out and get some kedem grape juice lemon juice concentrate and some jello to supplement the canned beef broth and chicken broth. Im good.
thanx,
bill

does this count as clear liquid? edit forgot an ingredient - (boxley) - (7)
         No - (bionerd) - (6)
             thats what I am doing now, all the fat should be at the top - (boxley) - (5)
                 No again - (crazy) - (2)
                     thanx for the link, wasnt trying to game the system - (boxley) - (1)
                         Lots of lemons (ade) + maple syrup - (Ashton)
                 Well again, - (bionerd) - (1)
                     crazy's link was what I needed. - (boxley)

5. Baige.
48 ms