IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Really stupid idea
[link|http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=332835&contrassID=2&subContrassID=1&sbSubContrassID=0&listScr=Y|Haaretz.com]
The United States has asked Israel to check the possibility of pumping oil from Iraq to the oil refineries in Haifa. The request came in a telegram last week from a senior Pentagon official to a top Foreign Ministry official in Jerusalem.

The Prime Minister's Office, which views the pipeline to Haifa as a "bonus" the U.S. could give to Israel in return for its unequivocal support for the American-led campaign in Iraq, had asked the Americans for the official telegram.

Doing that would crater what little respect we had left. Everybody in the world would think that the Iraqi invasion was about oil, and every Arab would think we did it for the Jews.

And on a purely technical level it would be expensive, since a whole new pipe would have to be laid.

Jay
New you do know that Israels main supplier of oil prior to 1979
was Iran?
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Besides, looking at the main decision makers
you probably did do it for the oil and the jews.
New Makes it obvious, eh?
Alex

Nobody has a more sacred obligation to obey the law than those who make the law. -- Sophocles (496? - 406 BCE)
     Really stupid idea - (JayMehaffey) - (3)
         you do know that Israels main supplier of oil prior to 1979 - (boxley) - (2)
             Besides, looking at the main decision makers - (jake123) - (1)
                 Makes it obvious, eh? -NT - (a6l6e6x)

Have you heard Prado is finished? He was badly gored. Now he can only drink herb tea.
42 ms