IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Wasn't yours before you inherited it either, was it?
Taxes seem to be applied to "income", in a broad sense: When you get money, it gets taxed. Why should it not be taxed just because you got it from your dead great-uncle, just for being his great-nephew, in stead of getting it from your employer, just for showing up and looking dumb forty hours a week? In both cases, you're getting money that wasn't yours before; in both cases, you're asked to pay part of it in tax. Perfectly logical and sensible.

Fuck, the only thing more logical and sensible would be to lump it all together -- the wages of work, capital gains of all kinds, inheritance, everything -- and tax the whole shebang at the same rate. Income is income; why should some of it be taxed much less than other kinds? Especially since in most economies, it seems that the kinds of income the well-off are more likely to have -- capital gains and inheritances -- are taxed less than the kinds the less-well-off are more likely to have (wages / salaries, basically). By pure coincidence, I'm suuure...

As for your "stealing" gobbledygook... Well, the less said about that, the better -- for you. (Though it's good to know, if you ever were to become unemployed, you have excellent fallback opportunities: As a spokesdrone for the RIAA, the MPAA, or some other gang^H^H^H^Hassociation of that ilk.)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New If you were willing to flat rate the tax Im with you
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Why should I? WTF does one have to do with the other???
New Cap Gains tas is lower not by coincidence
Its done specifically to encourage people to invest in capital instead of in commodities or other non-productive resources.

And, of course, it is a "rich people" tax because, in general, those people that have the money to make those investments already have money. Shall we have them build big houses and never sell them, or shall we have them invest it in operating businesses to continue to drive the economy?

Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New they are already building big houses they cant sell
they cant sit with the money under the mattress, its got to be on the street earning. Now a 5.5% savings account gets the cash to a bank that vigs it out at 10-29% and the economy rolls. Buying stocks is an alternative that will outstrip the banks but if it was taxed as straight income both the savings account and the stocks will still make money. As far as taking the cash out of circulation, the first thing a rich person learns is never touch principal, sitting on assets will dig into the primary pile.
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Is this *also* a coincidience?
I point out how you ALWAYs come down on the side of Big Biz against Average Joe, you seem to try to say it ain't so and I'm somehow mistaken... Now it looks like you're coming down on the side of Buddy Rich against Average Joe, but I assume I'm only imagining this, too?

I mean, sheesh, man... WTF is it with you? Are you seriously trying to claim you're ALWAYS "just playing Devil's Advocate"? (It seems it hasn't occurred to you that ALWAYS being His advocate amounts to *actually* arraying yourself in His ranks.)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
New I'm not coming down on ANY side.
Thats simply the economic truth behind cap gains.

I didn't voice support for it, nor did I voice disdain.

It is what it is.

I already know WTF it is with you. Its been that way around here for years. Glad you could catch up. Have a pow-wow with Ashton for pointers.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
     CRC: Truth/cars link - (Ashton) - (48)
         Excuse me? - (bepatient) - (4)
             Eh? - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 My first take - (bepatient) - (2)
                     Ford had a 500 in the 50s-70s (1957 Fairline 500). - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Flashback - (jbrabeck)
         Re: CRC: Truth/cars link - (pwhysall) - (42)
             I'll accept alternatives: I ain't The LRPD - (Ashton) - (41)
                 What's wrong with capital-accumulation? - (pwhysall) - (40)
                     Society has costs that have to be borne by someone. - (Another Scott) - (15)
                         50% of the costs are borne by less than 2% of the people - (boxley)
                         Re: Society has costs that have to be borne by someone. - (pwhysall)
                         Consider Microsoft? - (pwhysall)
                         Re: Society has costs that have to be borne by someone. - (pwhysall) - (11)
                             Struck a nerve, did I? - (Another Scott) - (10)
                                 Re: Struck a nerve, did I? - (pwhysall)
                                 please prove point one - (boxley) - (8)
                                     Why 200 years? - (Another Scott) - (7)
                                         Now explain why your examples - (boxley) - (6)
                                             And ask Carnegie about giving back - (bepatient) - (2)
                                                 Thing about Carnegie - (drewk) - (1)
                                                     Standard view of society - (bepatient)
                                             I guess I'm not making myself clear. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 I dont think you understand economics very well - (boxley)
                                                 Re: I guess I'm not making myself clear. - (pwhysall)
                     Its great to talk about personal freedoms to a point - (bepatient) - (4)
                         No - if they gave it away for parks and museums . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                             Right, those whose free choice wasn't the one you wanted;-) -NT - (bepatient) - (2)
                                 No 'free choice'? Exactly!___when the current math + laws - (Ashton) - (1)
                                     There is a choice - (bepatient)
                     Rich people use more of the commons - (tuberculosis)
                     What's wrong with capital-accumulation? - (Seamus) - (17)
                         tax it once is the only fair method, even the freakin mob - (boxley) - (16)
                             Money is taxed many times - (JayMehaffey) - (15)
                                 it wasnt your money then was it? - (boxley) - (14)
                                     Bah. - (Another Scott) - (5)
                                         couple of points - (boxley)
                                         Taxation affects economic development. - (static) - (3)
                                             Easy - (drewk) - (2)
                                                 Hmm. - (static)
                                                 I don't like that idea much. - (Another Scott)
                                     No, but I'm the one paying - (JayMehaffey)
                                     Wasn't yours before you inherited it either, was it? - (CRConrad) - (6)
                                         If you were willing to flat rate the tax Im with you -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                                             Why should I? WTF does one have to do with the other??? -NT - (CRConrad)
                                         Cap Gains tas is lower not by coincidence - (bepatient) - (3)
                                             they are already building big houses they cant sell - (boxley)
                                             Is this *also* a coincidience? - (CRConrad) - (1)
                                                 I'm not coming down on ANY side. - (bepatient)

That was never five minutes!
101 ms