My wife makes it, but has to make it unspicy for me to eat it. I used to like spicy, but due to my health problems I have to eat it without the spice. Thai food mostly uses curry peppers, usually red or green. Same kind found in India and other areas nearby. Thai resteraunts usually have two kinds of hot, Thai and American hot. Thai hot is very very hot, if you didn't grow up eating the Thai hot food, you will break a sweat and might get sick. Otherwise American hot is mild to the Thai people, but very hot to American people.

Ever notice a Thai person or Chinese person gets less meat and stuff than an American person? They changed it to American's tastes to add more meat, more rice, and stuff.

Try the Musteak at a Thai resteraunt, it is pork on a stuck. I think the chicken version is Gaisteak? Mu is pork and Gai is chicken. Pad I think stands for rice, if you see Pad in some Thai dish's name it means that rice comes with it. Nam is water, if you order water and the waitress looks confused, just say "Nam" and she might understand.