IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Aren't they all?
I call my bathroom "The Reading Room", because that's what it is.

I'm half way through The Code Book (third time of reading). I've been known to spend 45 minutes in there, because I've got engrossed and just HAVE to finish the chapter...

Porcelain Thrones are places of learning, used properly :-)

Peter
Shill For Hire
[link|http://www.kuro5hin.org|There is no K5 Cabal]
New What in hell are you guys eating?
Sheesh! 30 seconds tops - takes longer to clean up. I can't imagine reading on the can. You're all going to get hermroids.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Some things can't be rushed ;)

Peter
Shill For Hire
New Colon problems, IBS/IBD
No matter what I eat, it takes a long time to pass it out of my colon and into the toliet. Sometimes at work I need to stop in the middle of a BM, because of their 7 minute rule, and hold it until my next bathroom break. It is not easy at all.

Hemroids, I had them before, took two weeks off on short-term disability after the surgery. I had internal hemroids, not external as most common hermroids are. My colon also has bumps, redness, and polopys on it that hurt when the waste is pushed past it. Feels like I am passing needles or something at sometimes. I stick to a very bland diet, with lots of fiber, but still have a hard time going. Sometimes it hurts so much, I always wish I were dead.

"Will code Visual BASIC for cash."
New Woah, woah, WOAH!
Time out, dude, TIME OUT!

WAY too much information there, Norm.

I feel for ya (in the figurative sense) but...

There are some things that a guy doesn't EVER need to know about another guy.

This is one of those things.

Peter
Shill For Hire
New You will have to know
to understand the pain and suffering I go through, and why suicide actually sounds good to me after I feel that way.

New Norman "too much information" King strikes again. :(
With this much manure around, there must be a pony somewhere.
New drink lots of lime juice, guarrantie to help flush that gut
Mike Doogan
"Then there's figure skating and ice dancing and snowboarding. The winners are all chosen by judges. That's not sports. That's politics. And curling? If curling is a sport, pork rinds are a health food."
New Speaking of eating
When you go to most restaurants, even their spiciest dinners are usually reasonably hot but unless you actually go to, say, a wings place and as for the Nuclear Meltdown Wings (or whatever they call their particular wings), the food is just that - reasonably hot and spicy but tasty.

On the recommendation of a coworker, I was trying a new Mexican restaurant and noticed on their menu an option of "Habanero Chicken". Now as you may know, Habanero peppers are one of the hottest on earth. And I like hot stuff, so I decided to give this a try.

But one bite of this stuff and my eyes and brain almost exploded. That may have been the hottest restaurant entree I've ever eaten, and might even surpass some of the chili concoctions I made for myself in my younger years. Either the cook was having a bad day or this place actually *has* a Habanero chicken covered with and sitting in a pool of very hot sauce.

Oh man. Now, as it makes its way through my system, the bathroom break is... uh... interesting.
Where each demon is slain, more hate is raised, yet hate unchecked also multiplies. - L. E. Modesitt, from his Recluse series
New The risks of ordering stuff "spicy".
Back in the days when I was an employee, I used to have lunch at a Thai restaurant. I was considered a special patron because I was there on opening day when the priests from the local temple were blessing the place.

Most days I ordered the same soup, always ordered as "extra spicy". One day the kitchen crew apparently decided to see just what I could take. It was quite an adventure, but the bowl went back empty.

If you eat a lot of hot stuff, the body adjusts and the "stinging asshole" effect goes away. I haven't experienced that for at least a decade.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New That's okay when I say extra spicy
There was a ma-and-pa Chinese joint just down the road from where I worked, and I always ordered extra spicy there. Eventually, after I'd been there enough, they started to really load it on, which was fine with me.

But I didn't expect volcanic power by default.
Where each demon is slain, more hate is raised, yet hate unchecked also multiplies. - L. E. Modesitt, from his Recluse series
New re 'spicy' and health (?)
I notice that several alternative approaches to 'taking back control of your own health' found some value in *occasional* piquante stuff. Note that this is not about "no pain / no gain" - perhaps the penultimate stupid mantra - nor about contests in personal masochism. Ex:

A simple 1-week diet for flushing the system, and esp. the liver, consists of:

Limes / lemons + maple syrup, water. And more than 'a dash' of cayenne. You drink this as and when you want - and that is All you eat! I tried this. Was amazed to find that it indeed satisfied the 'hunger pang switch'.. and in fact, became so natural that I extended it to 10 days. (Was also an excellent way to drop nicotine for quite a while: you Cannot ingest any alkaloids etc. 'during' - as this diet cleans out your system so thoroughly that you'd be hypersensitive to the kinds of toxins we daily become inured to. A drag on a cigarette would knock you Flat. Remember your first one (for the smokers)? Real bad shit, that..

There are a couple of initial things you do too.. and you cannot immediately go back to - say, a big slice of blueberry pie? - but gradually take in solid food over some days. Etc.

Point: the cayenne is essential. 'Why' I need not and didn't ask - it was enough that it Worked.

Ashton
New Thai food
My wife makes it, but has to make it unspicy for me to eat it. I used to like spicy, but due to my health problems I have to eat it without the spice. Thai food mostly uses curry peppers, usually red or green. Same kind found in India and other areas nearby. Thai resteraunts usually have two kinds of hot, Thai and American hot. Thai hot is very very hot, if you didn't grow up eating the Thai hot food, you will break a sweat and might get sick. Otherwise American hot is mild to the Thai people, but very hot to American people.

Ever notice a Thai person or Chinese person gets less meat and stuff than an American person? They changed it to American's tastes to add more meat, more rice, and stuff.

Try the Musteak at a Thai resteraunt, it is pork on a stuck. I think the chicken version is Gaisteak? Mu is pork and Gai is chicken. Pad I think stands for rice, if you see Pad in some Thai dish's name it means that rice comes with it. Nam is water, if you order water and the waitress looks confused, just say "Nam" and she might understand.

My wishlist - (nking) - (30)
         Ill give you a Big screen TV - (boxley) - (1)
             Even cheaper - (nking)
         My wishlist. - (inthane-chan) - (27)
             Good answers - (nking) - (26)
                 Re: Good answers - (wharris2) - (19)
                     I brown bag it a lot at work - (nking) - (18)
                         Swap the brown bag for some Tupperware? - (Meerkat) - (17)
                             Desk drawer full of soup - (wharris2)
                             I could but - (nking) - (15)
                                 7 minutes?! - (Silverlock) - (14)
                                     That is usually how long - (nking)
                                     Aren't they all? - (pwhysall) - (12)
                                         What in hell are you guys eating? - (Andrew Grygus) - (11)
                                             Some things can't be rushed ;) -NT - (pwhysall)
                                             Colon problems, IBS/IBD - (nking) - (4)
                                                 Woah, woah, WOAH! - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     You will have to know - (nking)
                                                 Norman "too much information" King strikes again. :( -NT - (Silverlock)
                                                 drink lots of lime juice, guarrantie to help flush that gut -NT - (boxley)
                                             Speaking of eating - (wharris2) - (4)
                                                 The risks of ordering stuff "spicy". - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                                     That's okay when I say extra spicy - (wharris2)
                                                     re 'spicy' and health (?) - (Ashton)
                                                     Thai food - (nking)
                 Ah. Whirled Peas. - (static) - (5)
                     Isn't Whirled Peas a babyfood item? :=) -NT - (wharris2)
                     My best guess on Whirled Peas - (nking) - (3)
                         Sofa King - (Silverlock) - (1)
                             Almost cussing - (nking)
                         Do I need an accent for that one? - (static)

He said, "Listen, shrimp. Don't you come trolling around here." What a crab. This guy was steamed. I could see the anchor in his eyes.
63 ms