IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New "The Cheney Shogunate"
Wish I'd [link|http://harpers.org/archive/2007/06/hbc-90000358|thought of this one.] It fits. Oh, how it fits:
During the history of Japan, for various periods the power of the emperor was checked as military dictators called \ufffdshoguns\ufffd ruled the country. The term \ufffdshogun\ufffd in fact meant \ufffdsupreme general of the samurai.\ufffd The legal rationalization for the shogunate was that the land faced a grave external threat requiring the transfer of power and authority to a military ruler who was given absolute power over life and death of the Japanese people.

Will historians refer to America, in the period starting on January 20, 2001, as the Cheney Shogunate? As is becoming increasingly apparent, the country has an intellectually and morally enfeebled president who serves as a sort of display piece, while actual executive power—indeed, far greater power than any president has ever wielded—is exercised by Dick Cheney.
The rest is, of course, worth your perusal—Scott Horton always is.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Why.. Why ... that's just .... Beautiful !
ZZZinnnggg!! Such a perspicacious characterization, across all scales!

Immediately called to mind a story (by way of the Sufis - who do Stories better than any identifiable group.)

Jesus is walking along a road enroute to {lost in translation} with a small group.
They pass a dead dog, in a state of advanced decomposition.. Most avert eyes and hurry past.

Jesus stops, examines the carcass.. Naturally the cohorts return to see why He stopped. They are all looking at Him looking at 'that'. Finally ...

Jesus says, "did you ever see such beautiful teeth ?!?"

This one alone justifies a Harpers subscription.. how can you put a price tag on brilliance? On to --> the Washington Post and.. Proceedings commencement.
(Jesus and I both, are always interested in examining those things - miniscule or T-Rex sized - which mean to chew at our guts, from inside or outside.)

First the teeth..
Then the impeachment.

Except that, there's not 1/100th of a Sufi mind within IRBM-range of the Congress.
New Honto! Nice find!
Alex

When fascism comes to America, it'll be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. -- Sinclair Lewis
     Cheney's Office Refuses to Comply with Executive Order - (Another Scott) - (9)
         Left him a loophole - (bepatient) - (5)
             If he's not executive branch he needs to move out of the WH -NT - (Silverlock) - (3)
                 he doesnt work or live in the WH - (boxley) - (2)
                     EOP. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         EOP is his ceremonial office - (Seamus)
             Left himself a loophole - (Seamus)
         "The Cheney Shogunate" - (rcareaga) - (2)
             Why.. Why ... that's just .... Beautiful ! - (Ashton)
             Honto! Nice find! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

1. I've heard it before; and
  2. I didn't care the first time.

57 ms