IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Soooooo, Bman...
Update on my power washer situation. I changed the oil, put in a new air filter and changed the spark plug. Still wouldnt start. No smell of gas at all when I repeatedly tried to start it. Figured the fuel line might be clogged. Disconnected the hose, blew it through both ends. Got the engine to start, but it died right away. Repeatedly. Okay. Went to the hardware store, got a can of ether, blew that into the carburetor. Didnt help. I think it is gunked up. I'm stuck. So NOW and ONLY NOW will I take to the repair shop. Put that in your testosterone filled pipe and smoke it.
New hehehe she said blow
did you check to see if there was spark?
thanx,
bill
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Had to be
It started then died.
New I think that has more to do
With the old, faulty, broken, worn out equipment rather than the technique.
New Puller or Pullee?
New poor spark can do the same
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Yep. There was a spark
There is always a spark.
New /me thinks your carb needs cleaning.
Every spring the people north and south of me cannot get their lawn mowers running.

I add a heavy dose of "fuel system cleaner" into the gas tank and then spray ether down the fuel tube and hook it back up to the tank.

Within a few moments of running with the choke ON all is well. Except it isn't enough to keep it running 'til next spring.

It needs to have the entire carb cleaned, gasket and diaphragm replaced.

Mainly because it runs and dies. I bet it is "lean".
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New Well ,yes
Which is why I am taking it to the shop. I have no idea how to do what you just said. Anyway, I ended up scrubbing the deck, patio furniture and siding by hand, so the urgency to get the stupid machine running has passed.

New Stabil\ufffdworks..
Fuel stabilizer which (for an unknown period, but certainly more than a year) actually Does what it claims. Use it in my bike; that's how I Know it works - repeatedly over years.

OTOH - most of the hand-sized buzz gadgets - 2-strokes, natch - simply advise that you run it out of gas, with each use. What's so hard about that? (Yeah, overestimating - you could then drain tank, fire it back up to run out carb == still beats fiddling, dismantling for no good reason: when you didn't do this.)

My 3 lazy-kopeks

New I saw that at the Hardware store
I'll pick some up the next time I'm there.
Thanks.
New It does work
I use it for cars when I store them.

But most Azy Muricans can't be arsed.

It is amazing that I only have to pull a couple of times vs one time at the beginning of the season(s).
--
[link|mailto:greg@gregfolkert.net|greg],
[link|http://www.iwethey.org/ed_curry|REMEMBER ED CURRY!] @ iwethey
PGP key: 1024D/B524687C 2003-08-05
Fingerprint: E1D3 E3D7 5850 957E FED0  2B3A ED66 6971 B524 687C
Alternate Fingerprint: 09F9 1102 9D74  E35B D841 56C5 6356 88C0
Alternate Fingerprint: 455F E104 22CA  29C4 933F 9505 2B79 2AB2
New Mower tricks.
When I was growing up, I noted that when he finished mowing, Dad always closed the stop-cock on the fuel line and let the mower use up all the fuel in the carbeurettor. So when I acquired a mower of my own a little while back, I did the same. Always started fine the next time I went to use it. The only time it had trouble was after the one time my father-in-law used it. He *didn't* empty the carby. :-O

Wade.

Is it enough to love
Is it enough to breathe
Somebody rip my heart out
And leave me here to bleed

Is it enough to die
Somebody save my life
I'd rather be Anything but Ordinary
Please

-- "Anything but Ordinary" by Avril Lavigne.

· my ·
· [link|http://staticsan.livejournal.com/|blog] ·
· [link|http://yceran.org/|website] ·

Soooooo, Bman... - (Lily) - (12)
         hehehe she said blow - (boxley) - (5)
             Had to be - (crazy) - (3)
                 I think that has more to do - (Lily) - (1)
                     Puller or Pullee? -NT - (crazy)
                 poor spark can do the same -NT - (boxley)
             Yep. There was a spark - (Lily)
         /me thinks your carb needs cleaning. - (folkert) - (5)
             Well ,yes - (Lily)
             Stabil\ufffdworks.. - (Ashton) - (3)
                 I saw that at the Hardware store - (Lily)
                 It does work - (folkert)
                 Mower tricks. - (static)

Hitotsu, futatsu, mittsu, yottsu.
68 ms