IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hitchens: "Religion Poisons Everything"
A tendentious sot he may be, but Christopher Hitchens can be an effective polemicist during his occasional lucid periods. Here are some thoughts for the owlet to take with her to church next Sabbath day:
How much effort it takes to affirm the incredible! The Aztecs had to tear open a human chest cavity every day just to make sure that the sun would rise. Monotheists are supposed to pester their deity more times than that, perhaps, lest he be deaf. How much vanity must be concealed—not too effectively at that—in order to pretend that one is the personal object of a divine plan? How much self-respect must be sacrificed in order that one may squirm continually in an awareness of one's own sin? How many needless assumptions must be made, and how much contortion is required, to receive every new insight of science and manipulate it so as to "fit" with the revealed words of ancient man-made deities? How many saints and miracles and councils and conclaves are required in order first to be able to establish a dogma and then\ufffdafter infinite pain and loss and absurdity and cruelty—to be forced to rescind one of those dogmas? God did not create man in his own image. Evidently, it was the other way about, which is the painless explanation for the profusion of gods and religions, and the fratricide both between and among faiths, that we see all about us and that has so retarded the development of civilization.
Read a longer excerpt [link|http://www.slate.com/id/2165033/entry/2165035/|here.] Elsewhere in the three part series Hitchens commissions a fatwa for himself, and rips the LDS three or four new ones.

in the blessed light of Bog and all His holy saints and angels,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Successor installments anticipated with glee -
I suspect that CH's impassioned defense of certain indefensible Public-personalities, just may derive from his similar public-position / and first-hand knowledge of how-so-Much everyone loves to pile on.. I merely suspect this, since this article alone, is a decent PSAT for the generally-OK operation of the little grey cells.

Alas, the intellectual level is too high for its effectiveness amidst the deeply intractable or merely mentally lazy majorities. Probably all words are. Advertising has ruinted Language for its finest intended purposes, way-back. The keystone of the Arch is riddled with stone-termites, now.

But, in the spirit of polished linguistics, attuned to audience and meticulously crafted for the perspicuous reader - I say, Fuck 'Em and the horse they rode in on. Keep your scrofulous Fogma off my Karma(nn-Ghia in mint condition), you seppuku-bound boils on the asshole of humanity..

ie Have a Good Day. On your knees.

... The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species. It may be a long farewell, but it has begun and, like all farewells, should not be protracted.

Bet'cher Ass, Bunkie
New Why is being an alky worse if you're a writer?
(note, I only take exception to the "sot" portion of your otherwise inestimable scribblings.)

I've seen many screeds against Hitchens and a few others which have had their basis in opprobrium for the drinking aspect of their lives. Who cares? They are writers. Agree or disagree. If they want to write while drunk,... well, join the club. Poe, Joyce, Twain, and on and on. What counts is the words they write. Leave the poor, defenseless, thirst quenching, civilization starting, poor man's valium out of it, ok?
-----------------------------------------
You can fire an at will employee for good cause or no cause, but not bad cause.
New Will drink to that -
The confluence of (the magic of - ) Wordstar, the Osborne1 and a certain mixture of [Bushmills + a substance called Blue Flake.] - - back when many here couldn't yet think in octal - -

The (other magic of - ) instant editing, meaning that the 10%/3% worth sending on -?- producing a few giggles, if not quite.. a fully restored Mercedes SSKL, as an Advance.

PS - dunno re. Kurt [May He R.I.P], but Miss Montana Wildhack and the Night Canopy bloody well didn't come from some Creative Writing class, and I doubt he was acquainted with Unseen University ... imagine though, a TP/Kurt collaboration

[Had He Lived]

arrayed about a Shrubby + The Neoconmen Saga, with Condescentia Rice-A-Roni as the wacky Love Interest. Eh? Only via suitable chemical er, accelerants, I wot.

New Watch it, buddy...
I was "thinking in octal" in 1968, long before I had that ability enhanced by certain ... "enhancers".

I'm not as young as you look!
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
     Hitchens: "Religion Poisons Everything" - (rcareaga) - (4)
         Successor installments anticipated with glee - - (Ashton)
         Why is being an alky worse if you're a writer? - (Silverlock) - (2)
             Will drink to that - - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Watch it, buddy... - (jb4)

The spice must flow.
40 ms