IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Democrats have not moved quickly enough
The Democrats have not moved quickly enough on some issues. The party seems to be divided between several power groups that don't have a unified goal and are fighting to set the agenda. Plus, many of the Democrats seem to think that if they give Bush enough rope he will hang himself.

I think many of the long time Washington types simply have not accepted the degree to which Bush and the cabal around him are actively trying to undermine the Constitution. The whole unitary executive thing is designed to move all of the real power to the office of the president.

In fact, a good case can be made that if not for Katrina, the cabal would be setting things up right now for Bush to retain power till the "war on terror" was over. It wasn't just the total incompetence of Bush's chosen agents, but the way it hammered home that Bush didn't care.

Jay
New It isn't just the president
Impeaching just Bush does nothing.

If we were to pursue impeachment, then a sort of blitz would be required. Congress should simultaneously impeach Bush, Cheney, Gonzales, and every other mother fucker they have the power to impeach. IOW, the whole branch needs to be pruned.

Furthermore, all of them should be charged and tried for war crimes/profiteering/treason (Truman declared profiteering to be treason in WW II) ala Nuremburg. The profiteering net could snag a lot of people.

But if you impeach just Bush, you are just wasting time. He's just the figurehead.

We posture as apostles of fair play, as good sportsmen, as professional knights-errant-- and we throw beer bottles at the umpire when he refuses to cheat for our side...We save the black-and-tan republics from their native [statesmen]--and flood them with "deserving" democrats of our own. We deafen the world with our whoops for liberty--and submit to laws that destroy our most sacred rights...We play policeman and Sunday-school superintendent to half of Christendom--and lynch a darky every two days in our own backyard.

H.L. Mencken, 1914
New NurembErg, not -bUrg. Thank you.
(Conversely: The HindenbUrg, not -bErg. :-)

[link|mailto:MyUserId@MyISP.CountryCode|Christian R. Conrad]
(I live in Finland, and my e-mail in-box is at the Saunalahti company.)
Ah, the Germans: Masters of Convoluted Simplification. — [link|http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/?p=1603|Jehovah]
     Interesting /. comment - (pwhysall) - (10)
         Democrats have not moved quickly enough - (JayMehaffey) - (2)
             It isn't just the president - (tuberculosis) - (1)
                 NurembErg, not -bUrg. Thank you. - (CRConrad)
         I'll wave to him on his walk up the jetway. -NT - (bepatient)
         Lots of people feel that way. - (Another Scott) - (2)
             While it is hard to judge the best as well the worst - (Seamus) - (1)
                 On ME policy, its even more troubling - (bepatient)
         considering the hyberbole, - (boxley) - (2)
             Yes worse than Lincoln - (Seamus) - (1)
                 Thanks for the link. -NT - (Another Scott)

My other car is a Matchbox.
79 ms