IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Blast in Iraqi parliment building
[link|http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/04/12/iraq.main/index.html|CNN]
Two people were killed -- including an Iraqi lawmaker -- and 10 others wounded on Thursday when a blast struck a cafeteria inside Iraq's parliament building in Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone, an Iraqi parliament member at the site of the blast told CNN.

Security inside the Green Zone has been compromised in recent weeks, prompting the U.S. Defense Department to recently require all personnel to wear body armor and helmets when outside buildings in the Green Zone, a source there said.

So much of the Iraqi government is run from inside the Green Zone that it has proven impossible to keep it secure. But the number of attacks in recent weeks makes clear just how precarious the security situation is.

Jay
New Prediction: no hand carried turkey for the troops
- by Pres wossname, this November.

New Interesting piece from "America at a Crossroads"
This is from the series that bepatient [link|http://z.iwethey.org/forums/render/content/show?contentid=281576|piously deplored] the other day. I caught this on [link|http://www.xmradio.com/onxm/features/bob-edwards-show.xmc|Bob Edwards'] morning show early in the week, wherein he was interviewing Robert Macneil, formerly of the "Newshour," and at present narrator of the series. In the interview he talked about a segment in which US military and Iraqi "security forces" were filmed as Our Brave Boys discovered an "arms cache" in a parked car. The camera was fixed on OBBs, while the Iraqi (our gallant allies) uniformed personnel were a ways back on a cigarette break. The directional mike caught their conversation, but it wasn't translated until the documentary producers thought to have an Arabic-speaker in to enlighten them. The exchange went something like this (I am going to paraphrase freely, because this was five days ago, but the sense is faithful):

Gallant Iraqi Ally #1: They fell for it, as usual.

Gallant Iraqi Ally #2: That's not the real arms cache?

Gallant Iraqi Ally #1: Of course not. It's just candy for the crusaders.

Gallant Iraqi Ally #2: So where are the real weapons?

Gallant Iraqi Ally #1: At my mullah's, of course.

Gallant Iraqi Ally #3: Psssst! There's a microphone on that camera! Ixnay on the ooselay alktay!

I am accordingly not particularly surprised that a "suicide bomber" made it into the Green Zone.

Proposition for discussion: the number of Iraqis (exclusive of the Kurds) who actually want US forces there is in the low four figures—and I'm probably being generous here.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New you actually think there is 4 of them? doubtful
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New The number of supporters who want us there is the number of
Al Qaeda supporters in Iraq:

One of the most chilling themes in \ufffdJihad\ufffd is that Al Qaeda, which fell to pieces after Americans routed the Taliban in Afghanistan, is back in business and bigger than ever as a result of the invasion of Iraq. Michael Scheuer, a former head of the bin Laden tracking unit at the Central Intelligence Agency, puts it this way: \ufffdThe unexpected gift of the invasion of Iraq has really been more than bin Laden ever dreamed was possible.\ufffd

[link|http://www.nytimes.com/2007/04/14/arts/television/14stan.html|NYT article about Crossroads]
Seamus
New For those of us without xm radio
The interview with Robert MacNeil can be heard during hour 2 during his weekend's show.
Seamus
New Anyone else watch 'Crossroads'?___Also: 'No End in Sight' (new thread)
Created as new thread #282554 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=282554|Anyone else watch 'Crossroads'?___Also: 'No End in Sight']

Blast in Iraqi parliment building - (JayMehaffey) - (6)
         Prediction: no hand carried turkey for the troops - (Ashton)
         Interesting piece from "America at a Crossroads" - (rcareaga) - (4)
             you actually think there is 4 of them? doubtful -NT - (boxley) - (1)
                 The number of supporters who want us there is the number of - (Seamus)
             For those of us without xm radio - (Seamus)
             Anyone else watch 'Crossroads'?___Also: 'No End in Sight' (new thread) - (Ashton)

Jump, jive and wail!
47 ms