IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Problem - tcpip update in eComStation
I had no problem installing it once I figured out how to properly unzip it. It requires either PKunzip, an old version of Infozip's unzip, Warpzip or a version of Unzip from hobbes that supports unshrink - uzs542x2.exe

Not sure if this is related to your problem, but did you try the unattended install suggested by Hendrik Schmieder on the eComStation Yahoo list?

"If the solution by Robert Traynor doesn't work , try an unattended install via 'install /a- ...', that's how I install the 32-bit TCP-Stacks, since the 'normal' install"

"For those interested, here is the content of my 'default.rsp' (The entry
'DHCP_DDNS_SERVER' is there just for completeness ):

TARGET_DRIVE = P:
LOG_PATH1=P:\\os2\\install\\TCPINST.LOG
LOG_PATH2=P:\\os2\\install\\TCPINST2.LOG
INSTALL_MODE=UNATTENDED
BOOT_DRIVE=P
CONFIG_NO_INSTALL=N
PACKAGES = (
BASE_APPS = Y
DHCP_DDNS_SERVER = Y
NFS = Y
VPN = Y
PCOM_LITE = Y
)

I put this default.rsp in the same directory where the tcpip install.exe is.

The I do an 'install /a-' and it works.

The backend works well, it's the frontend which is buggy.
It's stupid to use netscape to install tcpip."

If you still need fisetup.exe let me know. The version I have is dated 1/4/2000 and is 61,700. Its in c:\\os2\\install\\WSFI

Mark
For a choice in the future JOIN VOICE NOW
check out [link|http://www.os2voice.org/index.html|http://www.os2voice.org/index.html]
New Re: Problem - tcpip update in eComStation
Mark:

Thanks for your comments. I had no trouble unzipping that humongous file. It is the install (update) that is giving me fits.

If you would be kind enough to attach that file to an e-mail to me I would greatly appreciate it.

Send it to clydes@eos.net

(I have changed my account name to start avoiding all the spam that I am gettin.)

Thanks in advance,

Clyde Stauffer
     Problem - tcpip update in eComStation - (cestauffer) - (2)
         Re: Problem - tcpip update in eComStation - (madodel) - (1)
             Re: Problem - tcpip update in eComStation - (cestauffer)

Per nostra Pentium Quatro cum 2 gigahertzum e bus de cuatrocentum megahertzum...
Deo Gratie...
Per nostros Quinientum Doce megabaitum de RAMus...
Deo Gratie...
Per nostra GeForsum Duo Mu Omega cum centum ventiocho megabytum de memoria Delta Delta Rho...
Deo Gratie...
E por nostro casum de aluminum con sweetum modus e infinitum blinkenlightenus...
Amen
56 ms