IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bush bitches about Congress' Easter vacation, but...

As he said in yesterday's press conference:
"[T]he Democrats in Congress continue to pursue their bills, and now they have left Washington for spring recess without finishing the work.... They need to come off their vacation [and] get a bill to my desk."

What Bush neglected to mention:

"We acted quicker than the Republican Congress has ever acted on a supplemental request on Iraq," said Drew Hammill, spokesperson for Speaker Pelosi, arguing that the Democratic leadership is continuing to work on the supplemental through the Easter recess.

Hammill also said it was ironic that Bush criticized the congressional Easter break only days before taking an Easter vacation of his own. President Bush plans to spend Thursday through Sunday at his ranch for an extended Easter weekend.

This will be Bush's 63rd trip to his ranch since taking office. He has spent 405 days, either entirely or partially, at his ranch in Crawford.

[link|http://www.crooksandliars.com/|www.crooksandliars.com/]
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:golf_lover44@yahoo.com|contact me]
Expand Edited by lincoln April 5, 2007, 02:52:11 PM EDT
New "Do as I say, not as I do!"
"Remember as The Decider, I get to Decide who gets to do what, when. And I've Decided that Congress should work, and I get to fuck off play. It can't be much simpler than that (because after all, all I know is simple!)."
jb4
"It's hard for me, you know, living in this beautiful White House, to give you a firsthand assessment."
George W. Bush, when asked if he believed Iraq was in a state of civil war (Newsweek, 26 Feb 07)
New A6l6e6x: This time around, "Unicode (UTF-8)" does the trick.
     Bush bitches about Congress' Easter vacation, but... - (lincoln) - (2)
         "Do as I say, not as I do!" - (jb4)
         A6l6e6x: This time around, "Unicode (UTF-8)" does the trick. -NT - (CRConrad)

Loose the hounds!
35 ms