IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As usual, you think linearly on this issue (too)
>That comes After< -- the inception of a miniscule capability at --

Didja ever catch, in the '80s on PBS - a Brit wag's show, [link|http://www.amazon.com/Bonos-Thinking-course-Edward-Bono/dp/0563165006| De Bono's Thinking Course] ?? A *proof* that you Can! 'teach. thinking.'
Typ accompanying 'members' on his 'show' were aged ~8 to 80; random 'problems' were tossed out: audience was to contribute "angles of view" (A synonym for 'scale and relativity' I wot, then and now.) Fascinating to watch / partake.

Once a tyke has an intro into the Problem: that of the Mystery {sigh} ~ "why is there Anything, At All?"

Then [and Only then]
the fatuous bafflegab which (even on on into the sublime, very-occasionally)
- is the Stuff of religio warz -
can be seen for what it is,
(and, even in one warring faction's own fav symbolism! to boot):
a Tower of Babel / the Blind leading the Blind - while tithing the masses for the chance to hear their imaginitive guesses / buy their fancy robes.)

Etc.

See? (yet)

FIRST comes: the capacity to discern!
NEXT: may come (in some special cases) actual insight,

possibly even rough communication of that insight [don't count much on that]
-- if each one has first read The Tyranny of Words, thus appreciates just how many blab-words are bound to enter into Any 'religion' topic.

LASTLY: all who have, in this way, come to see the anatomy of the 'Issue'; those thus prepared -- can enjoy a decent belly laugh at, What Fools these mortals Be.

HTH

New Sure...
you want a course that teaches kids to think...teaches them to think that the majority of the world's people are mindless sheeple...because they believe something that you don't.

Pardon me for thinking that teaching the kids to understand what these people base their beliefs on is a good idea. What could I be thinking?
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Thou sayest
What could I be thinking?

and demonstrate ...

^ Z o o o m ^

the fatuousness of your underscoring the folly of attempting to make Sense of the duelling bafflegab - which you wish to have presented as, ~~ "reasoned dialogue" -?- with All Due Respect cha cha cha

Before! one has learned how [ever] to Tell what IS and what may NOT be 'fatuous' -
You can't have it Both Ways.
Know why you believe X or, don't bother.

ymmv; obv Does.

New And, just then.. the GRR comes up with an Ad:
[link|http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/customer-reviews/1598582437/qid=1167254067/ref=cm_cr_dp_2_1/103-7926611-5726260?ie=UTF8&customer-reviews.sort%5Fby=-SubmissionDate&n=283155&qid=1167254067&gclid=CM2AmYjFgosCFQ8RQQod5XzkGw| LIFE! Why We Exist... And What We Must Do To Survive]

Haven't read the blurb.. but a quick scan of first review provides this gem:
One final bit of wisdom from the wise, articulate and always very fair Mr. Walker: "As conscious beings...We can conceive of things that don't exist and could never exist. We can therefore appreciate that material existence is not a necessary condition, and neither does it encompass all conceivable possibilities." (p. 99)

Tell Me ...
that, the LRPD, (OK.. in concert with the GRR's Ad Agency ...) ain't Sentient!

New Would be interesting
but I'm not talking about a "religion" class...talking about a comparative class on the belief structure and underpinnings.

In what I'm talking about...the "why I believe" is irrelevant. The "what THEY believe" is how its taught. Think sociology.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New Clearer.. certainly better than Now.
But.. it-all (including that 'comparative' class) could be viewed with much less confusion from - a bit of preparation along the lines I suggested.

(How coul done possibly explain, 'n lambda = 2 d sine theta' -- if the student has to ask, "whats an [=]?" or, "why is there a frat house in this?")

Americans are Illiterate on Religion. - (Another Scott) - (26)
         call crapaud on the wonkette thingy - (boxley) - (4)
             Careful. - (Another Scott)
             Re: call crapaud on the wonkette thingy - (JayMehaffey) - (1)
                 But to read and . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             Yeah right - (tuberculosis)
         No surprise. It's the churches problem. - (warmachine) - (19)
             Crafty attempt - (bepatient) - (17)
                 Good idea but that's not what the author wants - (warmachine) - (12)
                     Didn't I say "major" - (bepatient) - (11)
                         I don't think Jefferson would like that. - (Another Scott) - (9)
                             Well, when you consider... - (bepatient)
                             Well, speaking of Western Religion and its 'morality' - (Ashton) - (7)
                                 So you think it wise... - (bepatient) - (6)
                                     As usual, you think linearly on this issue (too) - (Ashton) - (5)
                                         Sure... - (bepatient) - (4)
                                             Thou sayest - (Ashton) - (3)
                                                 And, just then.. the GRR comes up with an Ad: - (Ashton)
                                                 Would be interesting - (bepatient) - (1)
                                                     Clearer.. certainly better than Now. - (Ashton)
                         Nit - (drewk)
                 I might also - (JayMehaffey)
                 We had one in my HS - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                     Mental illnes -- or intellectual laziness? - (jb4) - (1)
                         They fight too hard to be lazy - (warmachine)
             If it affects they way they vote - (Seamus)
         You've got two extra words in your subject line -NT - (drewk)

They're behind the couch.
60 ms