Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New And THAT
is a REALLY GOOD DESIGN!

*GRIN*

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

New You gotta realise
that the real problem these people have is not really theological, it's egotistical. It's fully consistent with the monotheistic notion of god to have s/he/it kick off the big bang and be letting the universe exist and be watched, but the real problem is that means not that god doesn't exist, but instead that the people making those arguments aren't special in any way; just one among a myriad of god's creatures and creations. THAT is the conclusion that cosmology, biology, and physics leads one to; it's not the (non)existence of god, but the ordinaryness of human beings that science demonstrates... and that is what the religious fundamentalist/extremist finds so offensive. It's not any strawman argument erected by the ignorant about how science says god doesn't exist, but sciences irrefutable evidence of their own lack of specialness and centricity in the Grand Scheme Of Things that bothers them so.
New Weird aint it
almost all religions focus on the fact that left alone man is a greedy little shyte needing a kick in the ass and the occational genocide to face up to the fact that other folks matter.
thanx.
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 51 years. meep

reach me at [link|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net|mailto:bill.oxley@cox.net]
New Love. It. (all 4)
May be time to proclaim the First

Thread Brevity Award with nano-Maple Leaf Cluster.

Got any idea how [1]MANY billion words have been spun!? to bypass this simple (and simply stated) ineluctably-decisive Conundrum?

Vanity.. Vanity.. All is Vanity.
Hang in there, Grasshoppers..

1) Exactly: 42 Billions + this one.
New And isn't Vanity one of the Seven Deadly Sins?
How conundrumatic!
jb4
"When the final history is written in Iraq, [link|http://images.ucomics.com/comics/tmate/2006/tmate060926.gif|it'll look just like a comma.]"
George W. Bush, 24 Sep 06
New Well -
If specialness = centricity, I have to agree...

If special is like the way each child in a family can be special, loved and cared for in the way that suits them best, then that's OK too... We can be 'special' still, but not the sole reason for existance.

But yeah, the 'me, me, me, I'm the only one to enjoy a relationship with the 'true' God' is kinda sick. Not to mention the 'and since you don't, you exist on my whim' crap.

But then, humans can take any ideology - even (especially?) the noble ones and twist it into a horror that would make Nyarlothep proud.

It's our 'special' talent.

Imric's Tips for Living
  • Paranoia Is a Survival Trait
  • Pessimists are never disappointed - but sometimes, if they are very lucky, they can be pleasantly surprised...
  • Even though everyone is out to get you, it doesn't matter unless you let them win.

Nothing is as simple as it seems in the beginning,
As hopeless as it seems in the middle,
Or as finished as it seems in the end.

IwroteLRPDs - (warmachine) - (8)
         Nice. - (Another Scott) - (7)
             And THAT - (imric) - (5)
                 You gotta realise - (jake123) - (4)
                     Weird aint it - (boxley) - (2)
                         Love. It. (all 4) - (Ashton) - (1)
                             And isn't Vanity one of the Seven Deadly Sins? - (jb4)
                     Well - - (imric)
             Shoulda heard the SF crowd - (Ashton)

+++ATH
39 ms