IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New If you have old software you need to keep running
consider warp. It will run that stuff and run it well. It'll also run like stink on the machine you're talking about above.

It's probably the best system extant for compatibility with old software like that.
New One of my most profitable clients is running . . .
. . MS-DOS programs I wrote in Turbo Pascal many years ago - plus they're still running a DOS version of BusinessWorks accounting (which Sage said wasn't Y2K compliant - but guess what). They're running all this on OS/2, often two or three instances of each program on each workstation so they can be in different parts of the program at the same time.

All these programs run like stink, without flaw and never crash. It's a heavily networked environment and the fax server (FaxWorks LAN for OS/2) is busy all day supporting outgoing traffic from 12 workstations. They have redundant servers running Debian Sarge.

Their competitors are completely mystified how then can instantly answer inquiries that require a "Let me call you back on that" everywhere else.

[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
     Happy birthday, Brian! (lincoln) -NT - (a6l6e6x) - (23)
         Indeed. Happy Birthday. I hope it's a good one. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Going out for dinner tonight with the family - (lincoln) - (17)
             Enjoy! Does anybody write viruses for win98 anymore? -NT - (hnick) - (12)
                 I hope not - (lincoln) - (11)
                     If you have old software you need to keep running - (jake123) - (1)
                         One of my most profitable clients is running . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Do you mean pre-Win MS-DOS programs that you want to keep? - (crazy)
                     Depends on what you mean by "run". - (Another Scott) - (7)
                         Depends on what you're running - (drewk) - (5)
                             Is that a bug with Firefox - (lincoln) - (4)
                                 No, it's apparently a specific kernel/file system issue. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     New kernel still shows the same behavior - (drewk) - (2)
                                         It was seen in x86-64 kernels too. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Just added the two parameters, will update after next reboot -NT - (drewk)
                         400 Mhz PII, 256Mg RAM, 40G HD, 8Mg video RAM - (lincoln)
             enjoy the xpee experience -NT - (boxley)
             Windows XP is a virus! :) -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             Belated felicitations; as to 98 --> XP - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Keep an eye on eBay. - (Another Scott)
         Have a happy one. -NT - (jbrabeck)
         Happy Birthday! -NT - (imric)
         Happy belated! -NT - (Silverlock)
         Happy VERY Belated!! -NT - (jb4)

Better graphics than the Amiga!
166 ms