IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New ABC News says GOP staff warned pages about Foley in 2001.
[link|http://blogs.abcnews.com/theblotter/2006/10/gop_staff_warne.html|The Blotter]:

A Republican staff member warned congressional pages five years ago to watch out for Congressman Mark Foley, according to a former page.

Matthew Loraditch, a page in the 2001-2002 class, told ABC News he and other pages were warned about Foley by a supervisor in the House Clerk's office.

Loraditch, the president of the Page Alumni Association, said the pages were told "don't get too wrapped up in him being too nice to you and all that kind of stuff."

[...]

Pages report to either Republican or Democratic supervisors, depending on the political party of the member of Congress who nominate them for the page program.

Several Democratic pages tell ABC News they received no such warnings about Foley.

Loraditch says that some of the pages who "interacted" with Foley were hesitant to report his behavior because "members of Congress, they've got the power." Many of the pages were hoping for careers in politics and feared Foley might seek retribution.

[...]

Hastert has requested a [link|http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/10/01/AR2006100100644_pf.html|criminal investigation by the Justice Department], in what seems to be a desperate attempt to get in front of the outrage about it. This revelation that pages were being warned about him in 2001 is not going to make it easy for the GOP leadership to claim that they were taking timely action to protect the under-age pages.

If GOP pages were warned but Democratic pages weren't, then it's going to look even more like the GOP leadership was only concerned about the political implications of Foley's actions, rather than being primarily concerned about the pages well-being.

Cheers,
Scott.
New This is really blowing up for the GOP
[link|http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/politics/4229511.html|Houston Chronicle]
Former Rep. Mark Foley, under FBI investigation for e-mail exchanges with teenage congressional pages, has checked himself into rehabilitation facility for alcoholism treatment and accepts responsibility for his actions, his attorney acknowledged Monday.

The number of pages that have come forth to say that Foley approched them has reached 5. This has prompted the FBI to open an investigation, as they can no longer avoid it*. For his part Foley has been in hiding for the last few days and has checked himself into a rehabilitation clinic for alcoholism**.

Jay

* And not because Foley is GOP. The FBI has always been very reluctant to investigate any sitting Congresscritter. Something to do with the way Congress tends to thank and praise the FBI for such investigations, and then cut their budget.

** Since Clinton it is more socially acceptable to have an addiction to drinkings then have an addiction to interns.
New If the allegations are true..
...which more and more appear to be the case...let the man dry out in a pinstripe suit and a 10x10 bunk.

Anyone involved in a conspiricy to hide it should be his next door neighbor.

And to keep the party hierarchy honest...and seat lost to misconduct should be re-elected...with that party EXCLUDED from the process.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New nope, he should be able to run from his prison cell
party affiliation be damned. No one can be excluded from the eloctoral process. From the communist to the jihadi to the paedophile party should be able to run.
thanx,
bill
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New My thoughts also...but
it seems that leads to this behavior by the party to cover up...there has to be some way to exact a penalty at that level also.
Too much of today's music is fashionable crap dressed as artistry.Adrian Belew
New publicity, hearings and more dirt is plenty
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free american and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 50 years. meep
New Nope, sorry, felons are excluded from political process
If felons can't vote, they can't hold office either.

[link|http://www.blackbagops.net|Black Bag Operations Log]

[link|http://www.objectiveclips.com|Artificial Intelligence]

[link|http://www.badpage.info/seaside/html|Scrutinizer]
New State by state. Most allow felons to vote.
And whatever happened to no taxation without representation anyway?
-----------------------------------------
Worst President ever.
New Ask the residents of Washington DC.
-YendorMike

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin, 1759 Historical Review of Pennsylvania
New IC(political)LRPD (new thread)
Created as new thread #269283 titled [link|/forums/render/content/show?contentid=269283|IC(political)LRPD]
jb4
"So don't pay attention to the approval ratings that say 68% of Americans disapprove of the job this man is doing. I ask you this, does that not also logically mean that 68% approve of the job he's not doing? Think about it. I haven't."
Stephen Colbert, at the White House Correspondent's Dinner 29Apr06
     Hastert may be in trouble over Foley denials. - (Another Scott) - (10)
         ABC News says GOP staff warned pages about Foley in 2001. - (Another Scott) - (9)
             This is really blowing up for the GOP - (JayMehaffey) - (8)
                 If the allegations are true.. - (bepatient) - (6)
                     nope, he should be able to run from his prison cell - (boxley) - (5)
                         My thoughts also...but - (bepatient) - (1)
                             publicity, hearings and more dirt is plenty -NT - (boxley)
                         Nope, sorry, felons are excluded from political process - (tuberculosis) - (2)
                             State by state. Most allow felons to vote. - (Silverlock) - (1)
                                 Ask the residents of Washington DC. -NT - (Yendor)
                 IC(political)LRPD (new thread) - (jb4)

My teapot is blue and my kettle is chrome. Please advise.
87 ms