IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hey Bionerd
Shizzymomma is hoping your headache went away.
New Re: Hey Bionerd
You must not be near your computer, I'll just give you a call.
New "oh the ringing - make it stop"
Darrell Spice, Jr.            Trendy yet complex\nPeople seek me out - though they're not sure why\n[link|http://spiceware.org/gallery/ArtisticOverpass|Artistic Overpass]                      [link|http://www.spiceware.org/|SpiceWare]
New Maybe you need to say a prayer for me.
I was at my Mom's today and hospice has given her what they call a "Comfort Pack". It contains emergency meds and things to control pain if she needs immediate intervention.
That pack has morphine in it. I was a teeny bit tempted to open it.
New You'll feel better soon.
I hope your Mom is comfortable.

Michigan can be beautiful this time of year. But it looks like you'll be getting some rain in a while if you haven't already.

You are drinking plenty of water, right? :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks.
My Mom rebounded when she got out of the hospital but is now going downhill fast. I joked about the morphine, but they are going to start giving it her daily to help her relax when she cant get any air. It's difficult. My Dad died at home on hospice. This is starting to feel very reminiscent of that. Sigh.
New Opiates are good for situations like that.
There are few drugs that will increase someone's feeling of calm and peacefullness than the opiates. Long term, they have nasty issues, and they do repress respiration to some extent, but near the end of life they can be a blessing.

I'm glad they were/are able to spend their time at home. It's never easy to see someone die, but I think it's better if it can happen at home in a peaceful setting if at all possible. Unfortunately, quite often, it's not.

Hang in there. Keep out of the cookie jar. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New anecdote from last night
College roommate attended the 20th installment of the film series held here since 1/05. He mentioned that he'd been on hand for the death of his mother earlier this year. Quoth he: "It was like a Hollywood portrayal" of death. The heavily opiated mother opened her eyes, gasped, spread out her arms embrace-wise, smiled, folded the arms Egyptian-wise (hands at shoulders), closed eyes, sighed, expired.

I'm not prepared to draw any conclusions from this, but it sounds like a reasonably decent death.

cordially,
Die Welt ist alles, was der Fall ist.
New Thank you for that.
     Hey Bionerd - (shizzy) - (8)
         Re: Hey Bionerd - (shizzy) - (1)
             "oh the ringing - make it stop" -NT - (SpiceWare)
         Maybe you need to say a prayer for me. - (bionerd) - (5)
             You'll feel better soon. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Thanks. - (bionerd) - (3)
                     Opiates are good for situations like that. - (Another Scott)
                     anecdote from last night - (rcareaga) - (1)
                         Thank you for that. -NT - (bionerd)