IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You're a lot safer than
Spiceware and I am. Houston has the Port of Houston (still only 5 - 6% of all containers are inspected), all of the oil refineries and petrochemical plants, not to mention the network of oil and natural gas pipelines. If any of them get targeted, we're in for a heap of trouble, starting with toxic clouds that could be released into the air.

St. Louis, while not to be looked down on, has less population and in general less targetable industries in comparison. However, you do have the Arch, which is a target just like the Washington Monument is, and other such symbolic structures.

Basically, if you're all scared and worried, then congratulations - that's exactly how Shrub, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove and the rest of the neocons want you to be. And don't forget to vote a straight Republican ticket this coming November; otherwise, the terrorists will have won. ;-)
lincoln

"Chicago to my mind was the only place to be. ... I above all liked the city because it was filled with people all a-bustle, and the clatter of hooves and carriages, and with delivery wagons and drays and peddlers and the boom and clank of freight trains. And when those black clouds came sailing in from the west, pouring thunderstorms upon us so that you couldn't hear the cries or curses of humankind, I liked that best of all. Chicago could stand up to the worst God had to offer. I understood why it was built--a place for trade, of course, with railroads and ships and so on, but mostly to give all of us a magnitude of defiance that is not provided by one house on the plains. And the plains is where those storms come from." -- E.L. Doctorow

Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.

I am not merely a "consumer" or a "taxpayer". I am a Citizen of the United States.

[link|mailto:bconnors@ev1.net|contact me]
New Re: You're a lot safer than
Basically, if you're all scared and worried, then congratulations - that's exactly how Shrub, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rove and the rest of the neocons want you to be. And don't forget to vote a straight Republican ticket this coming November; otherwise, the terrorists will have won. ;-)

I hope that wasn't the impression my post gave, that I'm all scared and worried. Not at all. In fact, I was shocked to discover that I wasn't even slightly jumpy today, as I expected to be. I even left my house and went about my life today, which is something I've avoided doing in the past on this date.

That's what my post was about, making the point that I am no safer really than I was on 9/11/01, other than being more aware about my safety. And that was neat to discover, because I didn't spend the day looking up into the sky, and worrying. In fact, I never once looked up for a plane. Coming from me, after my traumatic reactions in the past, I was impressed.

Oh and in regards to voting a straight ticket, even if I wanted to, I couldn't, because Missouri passed a law eliminating all straight ticket voting. ;)

Brenda

"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." -- By Geoffrey F. Abert

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind, don't matter - and those who matter, don't mind." -- By Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes it takes a whole lot more strength to walk away than to stand there and fight." -- By the character of John Abbott: said on Young & Restless on 5/19/06
Expand Edited by Nightowl Sept. 11, 2006, 11:34:41 PM EDT
     How Safe Are We? - (Nightowl) - (46)
         You're a lot safer than - (lincoln) - (1)
             Re: You're a lot safer than - (Nightowl)
         Your post proves one thing - (pwhysall)
         Life is one thing - (Ashton)
         How paranoid are we? - (warmachine) - (22)
             Major nit. - (jb4) - (20)
                 Re: Major nit. - (Nightowl) - (3)
                     Use the Sign, Luke... -NT - (jb4) - (2)
                         Re: Use the Sign, Luke... - (Nightowl) - (1)
                             [sarcasm] is all you need (with WeeCodes on). -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Don't forget airline policy. - (mmoffitt) - (15)
                     Correct...so now MO is back to blowing them up in flight. -NT - (bepatient) - (14)
                         Do we care? - (mmoffitt) - (13)
                             Reminds me of stat we quoted - (jbrabeck) - (12)
                                 You missed my point, I think. - (mmoffitt) - (11)
                                     Must have - (jbrabeck) - (2)
                                         Rough deal on the passengers... - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                             Of course they have - (jbrabeck)
                                     It's not the technology. - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                         American Driving Test - (jbrabeck) - (1)
                                             dont drive around the block in georgia - (boxley)
                                         I've always *Loved* the L-plate! - (Ashton) - (3)
                                             They don't do that in the US? Eek! - (Meerkat) - (2)
                                                 I suppose this can be overdone - (Ashton)
                                                 when I drive here I assume that everyone on the road - (boxley)
                                         Agree. But that's not the only reason. - (mmoffitt)
             Not paranoid. - (Nightowl)
         Finding the balance - (JayMehaffey)
         We *are* safer, or we *feel* safer? - (drewk) - (12)
             But my point seems to be missed - (Nightowl) - (11)
                 No, you're less safe, because the things the US have been - (jake123) - (4)
                     Great minds, etc. -NT - (drewk)
                     I tried to explain it again - (Nightowl) - (2)
                         And *I'll* explain again - (drewk) - (1)
                             Re: And *I'll* explain again - (Nightowl)
                 No - (drewk) - (5)
                     On an individual level only. - (Nightowl) - (3)
                         I think what you are talking about is confidence - (hnick) - (1)
                             Confidence, that works too. :) - (Nightowl)
                         Re: On an individual level only. - (pwhysall)
                     An accurate beginning-list, - (Ashton)
         You spelled it wrong, Nightey - (jb4)
         As safe as ever - (tuberculosis) - (3)
             But see, that was my point - (Nightowl) - (2)
                 The Earth will be swallowed by the Sun. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Thanks, that helps :) - (Nightowl)

I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do isn't very nice.
59 ms